Leisure battery swift sundance (1 Viewer)

Road Burner

Free Member
Apr 24, 2008
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
Coach Built low
Exp
SINCE 2008
I bought a brand new Sift Sundance 624 FB in April from Brownhills. We went on holiday, touring Caravan sites in England and N. Wales for three weeks, all with electric hookup. We finished the holiday with a visit to a relative and camped out on their drive with no hookup. After about 10 minutes the leisure battery completely drained of it's charge. The charger unit on the SGT box has always been switched on so can't understand why this happened after so long on electric hookup. Anyone any ideas? Taking it back to Brownhills on Monday.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Duff battery? Had the same thing with a van (albeit used) I bought from Lowdhams. They assured me they'd checked the batteries and they were fine - b*ll*x. While on hook-up at their site, no problem. Next night, off hook-up, after 10 mins battery alarm going off - batteries dead as dodos. :Angry:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Duff battery,it is probably where its been sat and led's left on etc and drained battery totally which does them no good at all.I had exactly the same problem.Im sure your dealer will change it over for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
or simply they are not being charged. if the control panel is set to van battery, then that gets charged not the leisure battery. certainly worth checking before going back to the dealer

OP
OP
Road Burner

Road Burner

Free Member
Apr 24, 2008
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
Coach Built low
Exp
SINCE 2008
thanks for your replies. Always switch to the leisure battery when hooked up, so I reckon Dave 2006 is probably right. Just hope they don't have the cheek to try and charge me for a new battery grrrrrrr.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
thanks for your replies. Always switch to the leisure battery when hooked up, so I reckon Dave 2006 is probably right. Just hope they don't have the cheek to try and charge me for a new battery grrrrrrr.

My batteries have those viewing windows which were still showing green and confused me bait.However put a test on and it was dodgy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i presume you checked the fuse from the charger to the battery, so if the battery is not holding a charge its got to be replaced.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back