jimire

Free Member
Mar 6, 2013
renfrewshire, scotland
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Hi just bought a second hand Fiat Ducato mh.Cannot work out how to remove the leisure battery from under the drivers seat short of removing the seat.Battery is not charged and I believe it is the negative quick clamp that is causing the problem.Any advice greatfully received.

Jim

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi just bought a second hand Fiat Ducato mh.Cannot work out how to remove the leisure battery from under the drivers seat short of removing the seat.Battery is not charged and I believe it is the negative quick clamp that is causing the problem.Any advice greatfully received.

Jim

Quite possible that removing the seat is. Required, I know on my 03 Ducato it was required to remove seat.

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I have a 1998 Fiat Ducatto and I had to remove the seat to renew leisure battery. 4 bolts hold seat in place. with hex fitting and electric screwdriver or gun takes mins.
Other problem to remember is to buy a battery that will fit the depth of the seat as a lot out there are too big. As in height

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Seat removal isn't difficult - with the correct bit for your socket set - but they are very heavy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back