Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Yes I'll post the final outcome.

Just to say PhilandMena, I didn't say I was ignoring the advice but actually said that I will continue to monitor the situation. I do appreciate that everyone is trying to help.

DrunkenDuncan

Free Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brize Norton
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
Not enough!
Yes I'll post the final outcome.

Just to say PhilandMena, I didn't say I was ignoring the advice but actually said that I will continue to monitor the situation. I do appreciate that everyone is trying to help.
Geistguy,
Just got ours back from the dealer after complaining of similar (although seemingly not as drastic a discharge rate) issue. Not sure if this helps you out but here goes with our experience:
  • Battery dropped to 22% (indicated on Xperience tablet) after 14 days on our drive in October
    1575203350491.png
  • Charged back up to 100% on EHU for 2 days
  • Dealer advised that they had found a loose connection which may have been a factor
  • Also advised that Xperience tablet needed re-calibrating to the system (hmmm....)
  • To check standing current, an ammeter was used (not the one on Xperience tablet) and it showed (witnessed by us) draws of:
    • 0.2A by the system itself (switched on by isolator switch at the door when on battery/solar only. As an aside, the engine ignition switch and/or EHU also energises the system even if this isolator switch is off)
    • 0.2A by the 'always on' satellite receiver (pull fuse #4 (10A) to isolate)
    • 0.3A by the Xperience tablet itself when on and charging in the dock (ours is removable)
  • Advised by dealer that this is all fine now as he had seen 1.8A indicated charge from the solar panel when the sun came out (did not witness this ourselves, but the chaps at Vanbitz confirmed that the solar was charging when we put the van in for its alarm fitting, so....)
Like you we are now in the unenviable position of waiting to see what happens over the next few weeks/months/trips and hope that it has been sorted, so would be interested to know how you get on with yours.

P.S. our battery is the factory fitted 110Ah and the solar panel is no doubt the same one as yours (factory option when ordered at the NEC show!)

OP
OP
Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Thanks for that Duncan, had 3 days away last week "off site" and although the battery indicator ( the symbol that looks like a torch battery) dropped it didn't ho below 60%. I am now almost ignoring this indicator and watching the voltage instead.

It would be useful to have the name of your dealer so mine ( Dicksons) can confer if I have a problem in the future.

All useful info thanks again ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DrunkenDuncan

Free Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brize Norton
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
Not enough!
Thanks for that Duncan, had 3 days away last week "off site" and although the battery indicator ( the symbol that looks like a torch battery) dropped it didn't ho below 60%. I am now almost ignoring this indicator and watching the voltage instead.

It would be useful to have the name of your dealer so mine ( Dicksons) can confer if I have a problem in the future.

All useful info thanks again ?
Hayes Leisure Ltd in Darlaston

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back