Leisure battery drain from fridge. (1 Viewer)

chrissimpson

Free Member
Apr 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
IH Oregan
Hi new to forum thanks for letting me join.
I own 2007 IH oregan , while I am travelling the fridge drains the leisure battery.
Looks like a fuse or relay has gone any ideas where I might find them .
Thanks
Chris

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Normally in a combined power and charging unit or next to the leisure battery. Should be around 50amps.

OP
OP
C

chrissimpson

Free Member
Apr 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
IH Oregan
Thanks for that , the IH is unusual as the leisure battery is not charged by the alternator.
I found the fuse by the leisure battery but not the relay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
If you have a CBE PC200 control system fitted the instruction manual shows the fuses that would effect this. ( it also shows a split charge relay that should allow the charging of the leisure battery as well as the engine when running)

OP
OP
C

chrissimpson

Free Member
Apr 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
IH Oregan
Hi Geoff
Thankyou so much for your reply , I have a pc200t control panel with a CBS’s 510 / 526 charger .
I must be going crazy as still can’t see location of relay.
The instructions book for pc200 says leisure batteries are charged by alternator where as IH says the opposite, most confusing.
Do you think it is fuse or relay related.
Thanks again
Chris

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hello Chris, Do you have a DS300 distribution box with fuses, if so fuse 6 (30amp) is linked to fridge also fuse 10 (3 amp) would cause charging problems if blown. The fridge would normally run off the engine battery and then only when running (changing to gas when parked). If you have the DS300 system I think that the relays may be built in to it. With this system both sets of batteries should be charged when the engine is running. If none of this helps you could speak to Apluljack Engineering (01278 588922) who repair these systems and are very helpful and may have other ideas as to the problem (they also have a website) Just to add if your control panel has a logo on it that looks like a pair of headphones I think it should iluminate when you run the engine to show the battery link is working ( it is a battery link in operation logo)

Last edited:

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Why doesn't your ih charge the leisure battery from the alternator?

I've got a 2008 ih, so on the X250 platform and it certainly does charge the leisure battery from the alternator.

On our layout, our leisure battery is in the bottom of the first (small) cupboard directly behind the drivers seat, under a false floor, but above it is a fuse panel which was the wiring from the starter battery to the PC200 control panel, I managed to blow this fuse early in my ownership and it wouldn't charge the leisure battery whilst running.

I've since re-wired the charging circuit with heavier wiring and midi fuses

OP
OP
C

chrissimpson

Free Member
Apr 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
IH Oregan
Hi Geoff
I have checked these fuses and are all good my distribution box DS520
the fuse numbers are the same.
Thanks again and when I finally sort this will let you know.
Chris.

OP
OP
C

chrissimpson

Free Member
Apr 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
IH Oregan
Hi Bobby sounds like the same problem although I have checked the fuses behind the driver seat.
Which fuse was it ??was it one of the six .
Thanks for your help.
Chris

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Bobby sounds like the same problem although I have checked the fuses behind the driver seat.
Which fuse was it ??was it one of the six .
Thanks for your help.
Chris
Mine had a 6 way fuse block in but only two fuses were wired and fitted, it was the one that took a feed from the starting battery and into the ds300 panel for the battery input.

I'll take some pictures of mine tomorrow so you can compare with my set up, but you should have a live feed into the ds300 whilst the engine is running.

Have you got the drawings for the ds300?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back