Leisure Battery Condition & EC200 Control Panel (1 Viewer)

AlphaPets

Free Member
Apr 4, 2012
Newport
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E795
Exp
Hi All,

Over the winter period despite my MH being fitted with a solar panel it would seem that both the vehicle battery and leisure battery have run flat. I have managed to recharge the vehicle battery which is now working fine.

The EC200 control panel is showing that the vehicle battery charge is now good and the leisure battery is poor. However when the EC200 charger/transformer is switched on, it shows the leisure battery is good (is this because a current is going through it?).

I've fitted my charger to the leisure battery and set to recondition mode. And still it shows as the above. However when in residence recently the the 'vehicle battery dangerously low' flashed. This was rectified when the charger/transformer was switched on. It's worth noting that the system did not switch over to the leisure battery, again supporting the possibility that the leisure battery is knackered. Is this correct?

I have read the manual but am not finding it very helpful to a relative novice.....

NB: we were connected to the mains.

:Blush:​

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
EC200 info

Hi All,

The EC200 control panel is showing that the vehicle battery charge is now good and the leisure battery is poor. However when the EC200 charger/transformer is switched on, it shows the leisure battery is good (is this because a current is going through it?).

:Blush:​

Best to check the state of batteries with the charger switched off, or else you will probably get a false 'fully charged' reading.

Does sound like the LB is dead.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
batteries dont like being stood around for long when flat or irreparable internal damage can, and very often does, result.

sounds like new batteries are in order.

small solar panels are useless in the winter months....not enough sun and what there is is too weak/short to do any good.

i have one 170watt panel charging 4 x 110amp batteries which works fine in summer, around 13amps, but in winter i leave on hookup.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I have had a similar problem on my EC200 with all indications that the leisure battery is shot. Been on EHU all the time with the charger switched on. The batteries were checked out and they were fully charged, although I would get the Warning on the ECU that the vehicle battery was low, and the capacity of the leisure battery was less than 10%. It transpires that it is a faulty chip!! In the ECU which is giving inconsistent and incorrect readings. A new unit is on its way to me.

I would have the batteries checked out first before buying a new one and if okay I would focus on a faulty EC200

It is the EC200 control panel mounted above the door that is faulty.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I have had a similar problem on my EC200 with all indications that the leisure battery is shot. Been on EHU all the time with the charger switched on. The batteries were checked out and they were fully charged, although I would get the Warning on the ECU that the vehicle battery was low, and the capacity of the leisure battery was less than 10%. It transpires that it is a faulty chip!! In the ECU which is giving inconsistent and incorrect readings. A new unit is on its way to me.

I would have the batteries checked out first before buying a new one and if okay I would focus on a faulty EC200

It is the EC200 control panel mounted above the door that is faulty.

I am on my third one from the MH being new (7 months :whatthe:).
Make sure that you calibrate the new panel when you fit it and check that it is set up to match your MH. I think if you go on the Sargent web site it has full instructions on how to do it.

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I am on my third one from the MH being new (7 months :whatthe:).
Make sure that you calibrate the new panel when you fit it and check that it is set up to match your MH. I think if you go on the Sargent web site it has full instructions on how to do it.

Mine was new in November. The dealer will fit and programme the new unit. There is obviously a problem with these units if they are failing like that. I will have to keep a close watch on it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back