Free Member
Jul 30, 2014
Funster No
MH
Swift Freestyle 590 Year
Exp
5 years
I have a Swift Freestyle 590 RL Motorhome. 2004
When I bought it second hand in 2010 it came without a service users handbook.

Unfortunately I have had problems with the leisure battery from day one and I think this is due to bad advice when purchased. Now on my third battery.

The electronic system is controlled by a rocker switch which can be switched three ways.
Upwards shows the symbol for the starter battery, downwards for the leisure battery and the middle position for neutral.
At the time of purchase I was told that when hooked up I should to put the switch in neutral and only when travelling switch to leisure.
Was this the correct advice? or is this the reason I seemed to have little charge in the leisure battery?
Also, can you use a trickle charger to charge a leisure battery whilst it is still in its compartment and connected to the 12 volt system?
Can the starter battery be charged from the same switch when van in storage over winter?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
In my experience the battery selected is the one that is in service for the hab and also the one that receives charge when on hook up.
A separate charger should be fine in situ.

So you must be careful not to select the starter battery when not on hook up but it can be used in an emergency.

Check that you haven't got a separate switch for the charger? And that it is on

OP
OP
Stephen Scott

Stephen Scott

Free Member
Jul 30, 2014
Funster No
MH
Swift Freestyle 590 Year
Exp
5 years
Hi Techno100 and tremybach,

Thank you for your quick and helpful responses. I will switch to the leisure setting when on hookup.

Stephen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back