Stevepenlan

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
New star 58
Exp
Morning everyone
I’m hoping someone can shed light on a battery issue that has just occurred.
I arrived at a location and tried the lights on 12v and nothing happened. Pressing the battery meter switch on my control panel in this Lunar Newstar 58 (04 plate) Showed just a flat battery.
Battery is in fact fully charged and in good condition. I’ve checked all fuses and all 12v systems run perfectly off the Ducato engine battery (car) when selected on the rocker switch.

so it appears it’s just not delivering from the leisure battery only when selected.
Any ideas??? Habitation Relay maybe???

Thanks

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think it's multimeter time or if it's new to you ring the previous owners. My money is on a fuse poor battery connections or the switch between the batteries. I would first check across the back of the switch if its easy to get at.
In fact thinking about it are you sure the lights you tried are supposed to work on than circuit.....just a thought.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Stevepenlan

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
New star 58
Exp
Thanks
It has been all perfect for last dozen outings since getting the new battery.Until now.

I’ve checked all fuses all, good.
switch panel all seems in order too. Nothing loose, burnt or broken

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Thanks
It has been all perfect for last dozen outings since getting the new battery.Until now.

I’ve checked all fuses all, good.
switch panel all seems in order too. Nothing loose, burnt or broken

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
The since getting a new battery bit opens a whole new lot of questions!!!. But if the battery is in good condition and fully charged it must be a break in the circuit somewhere. How do you know that the leisure battery is fully charged?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Stevepenlan

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
New star 58
Exp
Many thanks 🙏

Showing 12.9 v with my multimeter
Had battery checked yesterday at CES (local motorfactors) too. All Normal they said. 🤷🏻‍♂️

does anyone know where the habitation relay is located on this model?

there are three on the wiring diagram but can only find two (located under the bonnet) next to the ducato battery.
Many thanks

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Can you measure voltage in wires from battery where they enter controller? Is the controller receiving juice?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Stevepenlan

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
New star 58
Exp
Wiring diagram attached

Attachments

• 70BD0062-02A5-4EA0-93B1-F2FFE59B573E.jpeg
    70BD0062-02A5-4EA0-93B1-F2FFE59B573E.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 41
Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
This sounds so much like a fuse problem that it's worth asking, are you sure there isn't a fuse that you haven't found yet? There should be a big fuse located very near the battery, for example. Also often a fuse looks OK but doesn't pass current, so needs testing with a meter or swapping with a known good one.

Another possibility is, if it's a British MH, they have a relay that switches everything off when the engine starts. That might have failed.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back