• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

leisure batteries (1 Viewer)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I have just upgraded the battery bank on my van, so have yjose removed for sale. Nothing wrong with them, we just needed more power so fitted two 225amp hour batteries

the batteries available are
2 x Banner energy bull 190ah

please bear in mind that these batteries are very big and weigh 55kg each

2017-04-23 13.34.33.jpg
2017-04-23 13.34.04.jpg
2017-04-23 13.34.04.jpg

because of the size and weight, these must be collection only from near Bournemouth

need to get them out of the way, so bargain price of £50 each

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
And, While we're at it, Can you give the dimensions please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I bought the van second hand so no idea on age, but they are holding charge well and run the big inverter. I only changed them because i wanted even more capacity to run medical equipment on green field meets

dimensions are 27cm wide 24cm high and 51cm long

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I do believe there is one or more Funsters on here who says Banner batteries are useless, and should be avoided, orr words to that effect.!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Is there a prize for spoiling Funsters adds
You are more than welcome to make derogatory comments about any product you like
but not on other folks adds
For your information your comments add nothing to this one:rolleyes:
Sorry ole chap or chapass it has to be said
G

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
You are more than welcome to make derogatory comments about any product you like
but not on other folks adds
G
Can you show me where this is stated in Jim'S rules! I am quoting information posted by other funsters. I wonder if your post has anything to do with the fact you are a trader ?

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A recent quote made by a member on Banner batteries.

PhilandMena, If you are right, the huge Hymer group have made a big mistake this year ditching the fitment of Banner batteries in favour of Varta? I am pretty sure it is to do with the huge number of premature failures?

I think if you look around the Forums you will see that not many hold the Banner in as high regard as the very impressive advertising tries to make us believe? None more so than the German forums.

I remember reading an advert in MMM last year that stated, and I quote, "Banner Batteries are the best in the World". It wasn't backed up by any claim it had special technology inside or anything at all of substance. Just pure Bull*&£@.
Just conning people, and many were taken in. That on it's own tells you a lot about the advertising that went on. It wasn't advertising by Banner but by one of the biggest Banner retailers in the UK.
You can maybe tell that wound me up a little?

If Northstar made the claim about it's Pure Lead technology battery, it might be quite hard to contest, but the Banners we have cut open were spectacular for their absence of any features!!

Anyone out there who does believe they are the best in the World, could maybe post on here all the special technology inside the battery that makes it so?

Pretty unlikely, IMO, that a company ranked at only sixth biggest, is better than Yuasa, Exide or Varta, etc? I would rate the Banner batteries we have seen in 'the metal' as a long way even behind the tiny Victron Energy company, whose batteries we do rate.

Sorry, but I think the reputation is a fraud, built up out of advertising by one major retailer.
Who had even heard of Banner batteries 7 years ago?
Where has the reputation come from?
How many indepently verified Technical tests have you seen that rate the Banner above all other batteries around?
We are not aware of a single independent test of any substance.

It's funny, I have vague recollections of something similar happening with Elecsol Batteries around 8 years ago.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ah!! The old when I have no defense I will launch an attack tactic :rolleyes:

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I do believe there is one or more Funsters on here who says Banner batteries are useless, and should be avoided, orr words to that effect.!
these are a different beast to the smaller leisure batteries
Let's get back on track, @TheBig1 are these AGM or sealed lead acid?

Martin
these are sealed lead acid

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990

A very unhelpful post indeed, doing nothing but spoiling another Funsters ad and, incidentally, I am not a trader.

I have had Banner agm batteries for many years and, frankly, wouldn't have anything else. I have found them to be brilliant.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
sometimes i just wonder what goes through peoples minds, in phil and mena's case, I am in no doubt ;)

good luck with the sale @TheBig1 and enjoy the bump:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back