leisure batteries and other advice (1 Viewer)

g4jnw

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Anthorn, Wigton, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Hi am more used to caravanning than campervan but have bought an old (1995) boxer 350 LWB that has been proffessionally converted and quite a few questions so i'll start with just 2

The leisure batteries have been removed for some reason, but i noticed that there are 2 lots of connectors so presumably there were 2 fitted, am wondering if this was a bit overkill as there is a solar panel on the roof that charges the batteries. I only ever had one fitted on my caravan and only used this if i was stuck without a hook up.
There are quite a few electrical items on the van - shower - which will have a pump, rotating aerial for the TV lights etc.
There is a hookup on the van, is it normal to have 2 batteries on a campervan? or will one do, i will probably be using the van mostly on hook up.

Next question.. I would like to buy a drive away awning and notice there is a rail right along the top full length of the van plus another down the side vertically at the back, is this whats called a J rail? plus anyone got advice on buying a suitable awning?

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We have two 80w solar panels and two 110a batteries, that does what we want. On the previous van we had one 80w solar and one 80a battery and that was fine, smaller van (Autosleeper Pescara), I think a number of vans have two batteries.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you don't stay on sites much, then the second battery can be useful, especially in the winter when the solar won't be doing much.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back