Left hand drive insurance quotes (1 Viewer)

Jun 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar
Exp
Hi to you all
Thinking of bringing my french motorhome back to England, and putting in on English plates, mot ect.
Just wondering what difference to a insurance quote it will make be left hand drive. Thanks for your response in advance

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Just renewed mine and they have never asked. Maybe it's all down to when it's registered so the insurance companies look there, but they've never asked me about the side the steering wheel is on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
Just renewed mine and they have never asked. Maybe it's all down to when it's registered so the insurance companies look there, but they've never asked me about the side the steering wheel is on.
Check your statement of Fact - they may have assumed its RHD and put that down for you to check/contradict......

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Don’t think they should impose a penalty for LHD. We have a RHD and travel more miles in Europe than we do in the UK?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Interestingly for the first time NFU have stated "import" on my policy when I bought the Morelo over in 2019. Never done so before and have known the MH's to be imports. I assume that has drivers side connotations in terms of assumed facts?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Interestingly for the first time NFU have stated "import" on my policy when I bought the Morelo over in 2019. Never done so before and have known the MH's to be imports. I assume that has drivers side connotations in terms of assumed facts?
No it usually means you ,privately,imported the vehicle.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
No it usually means you ,privately,imported the vehicle.
Thanks, it was not on my Flair insurance which I personally imported or the Yankee which the guy I bought it from personally imported, and I have always insured with NFU. I have to say it did bother me a bit when I saw it in 2019 but thought no more about it until this thread.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Check your statement of Fact - they may have assumed its RHD and put that down for you to check/contradict......
Totally agree, in my Statement of Facts this year, my insurance company put my LHD VeeDub a RHD despite insuring the same vehicle for the past 7yrs correctly?

Feb 16, 2020
Taunton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Had our MoHo for 3 years and insured with 3 different companies. Each year I have declared it LHD and there has been no difference in cost, recently renewed with AIB who gave me a competitive quote.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
in my Statement of Facts this year,
What is all that about ?
Fortunately here you give the the 'ficha tecníca' which contains all & everything about what the vehicle has legally homologated & they use that .If there is anything you have that isn't on there you have aproblem.It either has to be added ,costing money if it can be done, or removed.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
What is all that about ?
Fortunately here you give the the 'ficha tecníca' which contains all & everything about what the vehicle has legally homologated & they use that .If there is anything you have that isn't on there you have aproblem.It either has to be added ,costing money if it can be done, or removed.
Every year on renewal of insurance In the UK, Adrian Flux send out with the other documents a 'Statement of Facts document' that the recipient is supposed to peruse and inform them if incorrect.
I think the 'ficha tecnica' is appertaining only to Spain?

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
Totally agree, in my Statement of Facts this year, my insurance company put my LHD VeeDub a RHD despite insuring the same vehicle for the past 7yrs correctly?
In the good (?) old days, you (the proposer) had to fill out a proposal form where you gave answers to the questions they asked. Proposal forms are pretty much done away with and replaced with the statement of fact which is the insurer confirming the information they have used to assess the acceptability and the premium. The problem is that most insurers have more questions on the Statement of Fact than the call monkeys (sorry, telesales personnel) ask and so some of the answers become assumptions which if you don't correct them become YOUR answers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back