LED Work Light ..how do they do it at this price ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Link Removed

LED Work Lamp

* With 60 LEDs for extra bright light
* With integrated rechargeable batteries that can be charged with mains or 12V in-car power supply
* Size (cm): 43 x 5 x 5.5
* Price per item

£ 9.77

In Lidl 23/2
How do they do it.. less than the cost of ONE led replacement lamp for the van.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i have the 160 led version but because it has the "Lichfield" logo it was £35.:Doh:
i also have a 160 led mains only version but i dont know how much that was.

just goes to show you really do pay for the brand name ...not the product.:Angry:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Owning an 'electronic' wholesaler I obviously know the trade prices and our wholesale buying in prices and what bulbs cost at the beginning of the chain makes your eyes water in comparison to the prices charged in the shops.

On top of that the importer is on a damn good margin as well.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Thanks Jim
Now have a shopping list of items for next Mon ::bigsmile:

Regards

sostas

Free Member
Nov 16, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Jim,
A question if I may. Is 60 LEDs sufficient to read by? I'm thinking of a comfy chair, a book, bottle of red wine after dark in the awning.
Regards Sostas

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Jim,
A question if I may. Is 60 LEDs sufficient to read by? I'm thinking of a comfy chair, a book, bottle of red wine after dark in the awning.
Regards Sostas

Hi

Frankly .. I don't know, I have no experience of LED lighting .. maybe some of the others will know.. but at this price I think it's worth having as an emergency light.. or as you suggest an awning light, and being rechargeable makes it very versatile..

Jim

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Jim,
Regards Sostas

if you replace the halogen lights in your van with leds you will get between 4 and 8 leds per lamp giving approximatly the same light output.

if thats enough to see clearly then 60 leds is enough to thread a needle by. :thumb:

be warned though......the led light in question is very directional....more like a torch really.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is 60 LEDs sufficient to read by?

Would you say "Is a bulb sufficient to read by ?"

No of course not. But it's the same with LEDs - you've seen little pin pricks of light on a camera or mobile phone, you probably haven't seen the Audi full power LED headlamps. There are LEDs and LEDS.

Bottom line is that if they use 60 or 160 LEDs they are using old, cheap, low output LEDs.

Have a look at:

Link Removed

We have one of these as an awning light - just 6 LEDs - and it's almost good enough to play football by.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Bottom line is that if they use 60 or 160 LEDs they are using old, cheap, low output LEDs.

agreed but it sure keeps the price down!!!!::bigsmile:

the one you quote is not cheap but for a porch light it isnt much more expensive than a good quality, twin bulb, standard porch light. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back