Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
The boss wants led strip lights fitted above the lockers and looking on flea bay it seems you can but the self adhesive strip a connector and a 240v / 12v charger for them but that means having to use a 240v socket !!!
Not being too technical but can I split a 12v feed to the spot lights below the lockers and connect to that with an on off switch of some kind ??

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
yes just ditch the 240 to 12v part and wire them to existing 12v supply via a switch and idealy a fuse, only thing to watch is they only work if the polarity is correct so not lights reverse the wires
in a perfect world you would have a voltage regulator to provide a constant 12v but the strips are so cheap to replace anytime its probably not worth the hassle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I use them from this guy.
Broken Link Removed

The 5050's are the bright ones..

A quick note though. If you connect them directly to the battery then you will expose them to up to 14.5 volts. They will work fine but it does dramatically reduce their working life.

I was forever replacing mine due to this until I fitted a 12V regulator to the lighting circuit.

I used this one.
Link Removed

Since then I haven't had to replace the led strips in over a year. Prior to this they were lasting months before fading, flickering or going out (in groups of three leds)

I am a fulltimer so mine get a lot of hammer especially during the winter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back