LED strip lights (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I have some LED strip lights fitted by previous owner in side locker which are very bright. They won't be switched on very long as will be for looking in lockers at night so couple minutes at most.

I bought some more for other lockers but are not very bright, I have looked at the (fitted) bright ones and mine but can't see any markings/info as to how bright they are or wattage.

How do I tell which are the bright ones as the sellers don't seem to say ??

I'm looking for 4 or 6 about 300mm long, or long strip I can cut up, I can wire them in myself to a switch.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Brightness of LED strips is determined using the metric lumens. Unlike incandescent bulbs, different LED strips can have different levels of efficiency, so a wattage rating is not always meaningful in determining actual light output.

LED strip brightness is typically described in lumens per foot (or meter). A good quality LED strip should provide at least 450 lumens per foot (1500 lumens per meter), which provides approximately the same amount of light output per foot as a traditional T8 fluorescent lamp

It would depend on your usage as to how many lumens you would require.....generally less for mood / floor lighting, more for general lighting and even more for reading lamps maybe.

Colour warmth is also another variable too, going from cool blue to warm yellows.

It will be very hit and miss getting this information from Chinese eBay type suppliers but proper electrical suppliers will be able to supply all the information and advise.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The 5050 are the bright one but I have found the cheap eBay ones go yellow very quickly for inside a cupboard I would have thought 3528 would be plenty bright enough. You can get the 3528's with 150, 300 & 600 LED's per 5 m strip, the 150 ones are a bit dim, 300's are pretty good.

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
I have some LED strip lights fitted by previous owner in side locker which are very bright. They won't be switched on very long as will be for looking in lockers at night so couple minutes at most.

I bought some more for other lockers but are not very bright, I have looked at the (fitted) bright ones and mine but can't see any markings/info as to how bright they are or wattage.

How do I tell which are the bright ones as the sellers don't seem to say ??

I'm looking for 4 or 6 about 300mm long, or long strip I can cut up, I can wire them in myself to a switch.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
These guys will sort you out. The cheap eBay strips are crap.

www.atenlighting.co.uk
I have had some "Cheap" E-bay ones under the kitchen cupboards for near on 5 years Now?. At the price per metre (and coming down) they can be replaced for half the cost of some of the "better ones". The real cost was in the transformer unit(s)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back