Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
As I find I'm spending more and more time without EHU I reckon its time to change over from halogen lighting to LEDs. Is it just a case of finding a bulb that fits or is there more to it than that?
Kath :RollEyes:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
More or less, we changed all ours buying from ebay around £1.90 delivered, there are two types, warm and cool white, cool is better for reading...

ShiftZZ

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
We changed ours.It's a doddle. Took less than an hour to change around 20. Just go e-bay and you can do it really cheaply.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I changed almost all of ours for less than £20 bought off eBay.

I can run 10 of the led lights, and they use less power than one of the conventional halogen lamps.

:thumb::thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
To find the type of bulb you want go to sites like Aten Lighting or Ledbulbs4u.

For our current van I bought a mixture from Aten, a UK eBay seller and a couple of Hong Kong eBay sellers. I also bought a couple of complete ceiling fittings from Ledbulbs4u. All work OK but the more expensive ones are definitely better quality.

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
I changed all of mine to warm white ones from Aten lighting (after trying two from a competitor at a motorhome show).

The Aten ones were a better colour although slightly more expensive.

Cold white we found to be too harsh for general room lighting but understand that they may be better for task lighting although we never bought any and find the warm white to be more than suitable for reading etc.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We use the cool light for the over hob lights and the washroom as they are or appear brighter.
Ours were from Aten as they are good quality ones that will work from 8v-30v. Some of the cheaper ones are not stabilised and are 12v only and can burn out if the batteries are charging.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I biought a 10'' led striplight replacement from ledbulbs4u at the Cheshire show a couple of weeks ago - absolutely perfect light from behind the standard striplight diffuser.

Just a shame I replaced most of the striplights over the past year.....doh!

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
We bought 5 mtrs on ebay and was able to put them in the lounge area and kitchen.
Must admit I show off at night and turn them all on and know it isnt taking much power --best thing we ever did.:thumb:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I have X7 labcraft lights in my MH , they have 11" double tubes inside.
Can i change the insides to LED?

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
We have changed most of our light to LEDs.
We have also adapted a couple of Ikea light with LEDs and a mains transformer, removing the transformer and attaching a cigarette lighter plug. Nice looking lights!
We've added a strip too and will eventually change the fluorescent bulbs though we don't use them much.
Mike and Annie

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
We chsnged all ours through Alten Lighting.....not the cheapest, but they are at most of the shows it appears.
Well worth doing.........and dont forget the vehicle lights at some stage.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back