Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
hi can someone help .i have just replased the rear lights onmy motorbike rack with led lights (cos they are thiner) all light work properly apart from indicaters which have 10 leds . only 2 blink i have conected them to a sperate 12volt suply and they work . i have also replaced the flasher unit with one that is compatable with led and ordinary bulbs . has anybody any ideas .(only serious replys please or is that asking too much:RollEyes:)
stan:Sad::Sad::Sad:

OP
OP
voyagerstan

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
Exp
since1976
leds

only single yellow wire for blinkers when conected to spare batery and earthed it works fine .:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
do you mean the leds light fully when connected directly to a 12v source ....no flasher unit ?

If so i would say it is a faulty flasher unit not supplying enough current....dry solder joint inside or a poor connection

I have few multi led lanterns/torch's and as the battery flattens, the leds go out a few at a time until the battery is flat....not enough current to light fully..

Last edited:
OP
OP
voyagerstan

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
Exp
since1976
yes when conected direct all lit . new flasher unit which i was told i needed compatable with leds and ordenary bulbs . stan

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mmm!!! faulty unit in my book.

if it was the led's they wouldn't light if connected direct, with or without a flasher unit.

standard flasher unit is nothing more than a bi-metal strip with contacts on.

open and close with heat (resistance) in the circuit...gets hot and opens, cools and closes..then repeats the cycle.

very little resistance with led's so it could be an electronic on-off timer or a standard unit with a resistor built in to simulate a pair of 21w bulbs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Are you sure you don't need a resistor on the leds, I know when replacing some indicator lamps with led's on cars you need to add a resistor as the current the led's draw isn't enough to activate the flasher relay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back