Led Lights (1 Viewer)

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
Hi all, Can anyone tell me please, we are going to change our motorhome lights to led lights to save battery power when not on elh .Now can we change the old lights and just swop them our do we need a led driver as it sez in some of the adds ?.We have a Lunar Roadstar 786 .Hope someone knows lol.
Betty:Blush:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi all, Can anyone tell me please, we are going to change our motorhome lights to led lights to save battery power when not on elh .Now can we change the old lights and just swop them our do we need a led driver as it sez in some of the adds ?.We have a Lunar Roadstar 786 .Hope someone knows lol.
Betty:Blush:

Assuming you are talking of 12V lamp replacement you just buy 12V LED modules.

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
LEDs

Have a look at some of the retailers that do bulbs for motorhomes. I use Aten Lighting, their service is excellent. You simply take out your halogen bulb and replace it with the LED version - job done. There are usually two colours bright white (blueish) and warm white which is more like the halogen or tungsten colours you see at home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Betty

We just pulled out the halogens and pushed in the LED's, easy peasy.
We prefer the warm white to the bright white.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Be careful as the ones I bought where slightly longer from the front lens to the pins and therefore I couldn't fit round ornamentle disc that goes on the lamp back on. Back to the drawing board till I find shorter ones.

pieterv

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
The "driver" is something that is integrated in the board the leds are on. It can be as simple as a resistor, but better is a proper voltage regulator. This is because the voltage can vary quite a bit with the state of the battery and the battery being charged.

So, just buy good quality leds. You don't need an extra "driver".

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Anyone know where I can get LED lamps to fit Eyeball lamp sockets like the one pictured? - if I can add the attachment properly that is :Smile:

I bought some on eBay with the right bayonet cap fitting but the distance from the end of the cap to the shoulder of the LED bulb is too short so they won't go far enough into the socket to turn and clip in.

I'm hoping someone will have some suitable ones for sale at Newark.

Graham

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Anyone know where I can get LED lamps to fit Eyeball lamp sockets like the one pictured? - if I can add the attachment properly that is :Smile:

I bought some on eBay with the right bayonet cap fitting but the distance from the end of the cap to the shoulder of the LED bulb is too short so they won't go far enough into the socket to turn and clip in.

I'm hoping someone will have some suitable ones for sale at Newark.

Graham
Graham,

I have one that is too long, I got it at Newark last year on approval but the guy left before I could take it back because of the flooding. I will take it to Newark and you can give it a go for size , if it fits the same guy may be there and you can buy what you need.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Graham,

I have one that is too long, I got it at Newark last year on approval but the guy left before I could take it back because of the flooding. I will take it to Newark and you can give it a go for size , if it fits the same guy may be there and you can buy what you need.

Thanks Dane. I'll bring the short ones with me - might just do the job for you :Smile:

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back