styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
Hi all, another really easy question but one I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I have a 2004 Rapido 986M, and the lights have a mix of LED and normal bulbs.
Does anyone know the exact name of the bulbs used on this? I'd like to be a gaggle of them (not sure of the collective term), and replace most as they look a bit ropey and some seem to be loose in their holders etc....
I still have some budget left after buying the MH, so I don't mind spending a few quid to get it right in prep for some wild camping we are going to try this year.

Cheers.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
you have almost certainly got several different bulb styles, I think when we did ours we had to buy 5 different, although mostly with the 2 pin fittings, just different shapes

even finding the technique to open the bulb holders was a challenge

best of luck, but the saving in power consumption is amazing when done (y) and much better lighting

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I replaced my lights with LED 4 years ago got the equivalent of my original ones and some spares direct from China. keeping fingers crossed never had to change one yet .Not bad for 99p each lol.

OP
OP
styleruk

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
I replaced my lights with LED 4 years ago got the equivalent of my original ones and some spares direct from China. keeping fingers crossed never had to change one yet .Not bad for 99p each lol.
Yes, I keep seeing them on 'Wish', but not absolutely sure of what ones to get yet.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Most of them are two pin fittings .best bet is to remove everyone ,some are different and you need to remove a spring clip or a Twist and drop to get access to the lamps.Pretty easy just take your time lol.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
The other point is you need hard white for bathroom , and lounge area and soft for over bed area's.A few spares will help as it give you the opportunity to swop round as you find nec.Plenty on E bay lol

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
QUOTE="styleruk, post: 2207430, member: 46498"]Hi all, another really easy question but one I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I have a 2004 Rapido 986M, and the lights have a mix of LED and normal bulbs.
Does anyone know the exact name of the bulbs used on this? I'd like to be a gaggle of them (not sure of the collective term), and replace most as they look a bit ropey and some seem to be loose in their holders etc....
I still have some budget left after buying the MH, so I don't mind spending a few quid to get it right in prep for some wild camping we are going to try this year.

@styleruk, You may have a mixture of bulbs because each lamp may be wired differently and previous owner could not get bulbs to work the right way round. When I changed mine using the flat type of bulb (LED's on one side) they only work one way round and some times that was with the LED facing up (so that is no good). I managed the reverse the wiring on two of the down lighter type lights but not much spare wiring to work with. On the other lights I used the type of bulb that has LED's all round not quite as bright but ok. Remember you can shorten the pins so the bulbs fit in, just snip off to the required length.

OP
OP
styleruk

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
All sound advice, thank you. If the fitting looks bodged, I'd sooner swap it out. But I will have a look this weekend.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
usually G4 fitting readily available on ebay
s-l1600.jpg