LED lighting (1 Viewer)

starcott

Free Member
Apr 25, 2008
Funster No
I am considering replacing some of my 10 watt halogen bulbs with LED bulbs.
I have seen various versions with 4, 6 and 21 LEDs, all making claims as to what the equivalent watts would be in a halogen bulb.
Can anyone with first hand experience of using LED bulbs give me any advice?
Thank you.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Hi Starcott,
I got fed up of burning my fingers when I turned the overbed halogen reading light out:Angry:. So I decided to replace it with an LED one. At the moment I don't recall what I actually replaced and with what. Next time I will get one with a softer light; it gives out plenty but it's a bit 'hard'. Don't burn my fingers now though:thumb:. I'll have a look and let you know the details tomorrow.

John

S

stagman

Deleted User
I am considering replacing some of my 10 watt halogen bulbs with LED bulbs.
I have seen various versions with 4, 6 and 21 LEDs, all making claims as to what the equivalent watts would be in a halogen bulb.
Can anyone with first hand experience of using LED bulbs give me any advice?
Thank you.

Basically the more LEDs that are in the lamp the brighter the light would be,also the more led's the more power you burn.The other thing to remember that Led light gives outer a whiter kind of light and to some this can be a bit hard on the eyes.So if you can try before you buy all the better,the cheaper led may be the best for your application.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi,

I replaced all my interior lighting with led's some time ago.

The upside and main reason was to conserve battery power which it does very nicely.

The light is whiter than the filament type which takes a bit of getting used to.

Have considered a filter paper/plastic for this as they emit very little heat.

Remember they are polarised and, in the case of the bayonet ones with one centre pin, the wires may need reversing on the light fitment to get them to work.

Other types (such as Instrument console lighting) just need turning around in the socket.

I bought mine through ebay and listed the supplier in a thread some time ago.

The Link is Link Removed

Steve.

Last edited:
F

fjmike

Deleted User
Ever aware of the huge battery consumption I decided to have a serious look at replacing some of the lights in my Pilote with LEDs.Having tried other LEDs in my last van and not being too impressed, I found some very good ones atLink Removed They come in two types Cool or Warm, undecided I ordered one of each to try out. The cool is a bit too harsh for my taste but the warm is really good. I had the warm one running next to a halogen and to be honest it was difficult to see much difference, reading and other light intensive activities was not a problem. I was so impressed with them that I have ordered another five, that should keep the power consumption down a bit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back