LED Lamp replacement bulbs are wrong - Update (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
A few days ago, I asked in another post about replacing my halogen reading lamps (6 off) with LED bulbs and duly ordered some. Unfortunately, I should have used the quote, "Measure twice and cut once!" because when they arrived, they are too damn BIG for the lamp holders! doh :mad:

Did I measure before ordering? Nah, so it serves me right.

The lamps I ordered where 50mm (at the wide end :D) . The ones in the van are small 28-30mm and they fit into a multi-positional lamp fitting (similar to a moveable air blower that's above your head in an aircraft).

Soooo I bought MR16 bulbs and will have to back them; can someone tell me the correct ones to order please?

Taa
James

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
IF yours measure 35mm over the extreme widest part of the Lens, then they are probably MR11?. I have some (redundant 240v) Spares, The label has them as SLMR1110

Not sure about 12v versions. But these COULD be what you require:- Broken Link Removed

Pete

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Check with "BEDAZZLED" On google, very helpful guy, all branded goods, I changed all mine with his help, warm and cool light, cool over the cooker and in the bathroom warm every where else. and of course a fraction of the current draw.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
@jenny and mitch and all.

Thanks for the replies all. The bulbs are indeed MR 11 and not 16! Should have listened to J&M!! Did the job properly today; took one bulb out, measured it, researched it and ordered the correct ones. Also sent the MR16's back (lucky I didn't order from Hong Kong!).

@martin2603 I already have hab' LED strip lighting, same over the cooker, in the bathroom, over the mirror etc fitted as standard, but for some reason, the four reading lamps and two bedroom reading lamps are halogen.

Most unlike me to get a simple job like this wrong. Must have had a whimsy!

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Do you know the number refers to the size (diameter) and is based on a US system?

MR11 is eleven eighths of an inch - about 35mm
MR16 is sixteen eighths of an inch - two inches
PAR20 is...
PAR30 is...
PAR38 is...
PAR56 is...
T5 fluorescents are...
T8 fluorescents are...
T12 fluorescents are...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

seatrout

Free Member
May 25, 2015
neath porttalbot wales
Funster No
MH
compass castaway
Exp
mr 11 just bought 6 off ebay from the phillipines £6 for the 6 2 weeks to arrive working great very bright

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back