Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Was told about this thread over the weekend so just searched it out and clicked the link, apparently they have realised that perhaps they may have been too cheap and now upped the price slightly to £4.55 :(:(

But I have found this seller with them also from Manchester, well Salford actually! £2.59 so I've ordered all 4 of the available stock, wonder how many they have still though :LOL:

Broken Link Removed

Steve
£1.42
Broken Link Removed

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
This is ours tonight in Millau.. at 25% brightness with awning in..
PSX_20150916_210938.jpg

Last edited:

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
I've just tested the range as 25 yds :)
I'm wondering if they are all the same frequency ?
Oh deary me ....... guess what ..... I've just received another 4 of these little blighters direct from China and they are all ONE THE SAME FREQUENCY ..... this should be fun, return to the MH late and use the remote to turn on the LEDs to find your MH in the dark ....... AND THE BLOODY LOT LIGHT UP .......... mine are hard wired into the outside light so I can disconnect it via the control panel once "home"... For those who have installed them inside the MH I guess it's going to be another matter... Recon for those the solution may be to make a form of "shield" around the receiver so it only receives a signal from a finely defined direction ..Blackpool Illuminations !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
Oh deary me ....... guess what ..... I've just received another 4 of these little blighters direct from China and they are all ONE THE SAME FREQUENCY ..... this should be fun, return to the MH late and use the remote to turn on the LEDs to find your MH in the dark ....... AND THE BLOODY LOT LIGHT UP .......... mine are hard wired into the outside light so I can disconnect it via the control panel once "home"... For those who have installed them inside the MH I guess it's going to be another matter... Recon for those the solution may be to make a form of "shield" around the receiver so it only receives a signal from a finely defined direction ..Blackpool Illuminations !!!
That could be fun on a busy site on April fools day :D

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I've always wanted some of these but I am useless at electrics on my mh so can only enjoy the lightfantastic show that you are all going to put on at the meets... :)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Now you have all had these going for a while any thoughts on possible problems with over voltage? Could be up to 14volts if Solars are charging well or if left on while driving, both unlikely but perhaps while on hookup at night and the charger takes the batteries up there even for a bit. I know that early on in the life of LED lighting there were a few fires as a result of being used on camper installations.
As I have mostly LED's now I was wondering about putting a central voltage regulator for keeping them all safely at 12 volts. I know that at least some of mine have a built in regulator but not sure about the long strips like these.
Steve

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I tested one a while ago.. The chap who fitted it said it got warm when the LED's were dimmed..
Found the set up used slightly higher amperage when the LED's were dimmed .. The extra obviously being dissipated by the controller..
Not exactly high efficiency stuff used in the building but then for the price, they do a job..

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I have discovered some of these simply do not work but I have now discovered why. Hope this helps

The remote needs a Cr2032 battery but many units have been supplied with a Cr2025 this battery looks the same but it is thinner and does not make contact

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
@Techno, useful post Andy as I see that in the ads they even mention 2025's as being the correct battery(y)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I recently changed all my internal lights to leds , each light has its own switch , but we always turn on all the lights via the 1 touch switch on the control panel ( bessacarr E560 ) could I fit one of these toptions the output from that switch on the control panel to dim all my lights linked to that switch on the control panel.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
@Techno could I fit one of these dimmers to dim all my internal leds that are connected to a single switch on my MH control panel.
If one of these would not work , is there another way to dim my lights.

Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Old thread but hope someones still listening ..all works fine apart from mine go off after a period of time. Any ideas?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
All you can do is bin it then, the one I ordered never worked at all so you've done well.
There's some bigger ones on ebay now that have 2 inputs and 2 outputs (like speaker spring terminals) and they look better quality for about a pound more ?

Oh and the remote is better. Imo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back