SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
image.jpg
image.jpg
The led diffuser above the cooker has become very distorted with the heat anyone know where I can buy a replacement? I have had several attempts at straightening it using a hot air gun and soaking in boiling water with little success.

MH is a 2013 Mohawk and I believe this diffuser/ light fitting distorting from the heat when using cooker is a common problem worse on earlier models

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
YES... Common, unless you are Autotrail because "It's your fault".... Using too big a pan, leaving the gas on etc etc..
They deny any issues, wait until that nice veneer on the side wall start to bubble and under the cupboard..

Mine did the same (2012 apache 700)..

I fitted some LED strip further back and did away with that light as it's only going to happen again.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi Tonka, ours unlike earlier models has the microwave above the cooker whereas the worst affected had a locker above cooker with a lower lip which trapped and concentrated the heat. AT have done away with the decor lower lip and have moved the led fitting a few inches further back, hence not a massive heat build up so no blistering or charring.

Hopefully someone will come up with the diffuser supplier otherwise I will have to bite the bullet and pay the ridiculous price from AT.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I dont want to build your hopes but SOMEWHERE.. I have one..
When mine went faulty, AT supplied a large heat glass for the side wall and under cupboard. Also a new light fitting that I never used.. If I find it you can have it...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back