Leaving your pitch

Jul 29, 2014
Essex
MH
Adria Coral Plus s 670SLT
Exp
Since 2014
Just picked up our first M/H today, packing it up for a trip to Wales in the morning.

Just thinking what's best to leave on a pitch to reserve it whilst out for the day, can you help by telling me what you use?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It will all depend on what type of site you are on

Bigger sites will have your pitch number allocated to your name so should not need marking

Smaller CL type you can leave whatever you like, some have personalised plates, some leave a waste container or electric lead (usually still plugged in :Eeek:)

but you could always chance it you might get a better pitch when you get back (y)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We leave a polite sign attached to the EHU saying that we'll be back, to which is attached a photo of a very large and aggressive looking Alsatian (4 Legged). We have a laugh when we can see people craning their necks to see the non-existent dog leave the van. Seriously we've never had a problem on large or small sites but then we rarely 'travel' in UK in peak season.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
MH
SunLiving Lido M45SP
Exp
On and off for many years.
On club sites your pitch is "booked" so no need to leave anything (although we do have a sign with a spare number plate that we could use). Generally we aren't on a site for more than a day or two before we move on. After we are "pitched up" we either use bikes or public transport to explore the local area.

It's so easy to move from place to place in a motorhome that sometimes we only go 50 miles (or less) from the previous site...... but everyone uses their motorhome differently, no wrong or right way, whatever suits you.

Oct 6, 2010
Bridgend s.wales
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
We left a hook up lead on a pitch at damage Barton once left the pich for about an hour came back lead gone very rarely leave the pitch these days walk or catch buses if we do leave I leave a number plate on a stake not as usefull as a hookup lead to any one else.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Last week we were camping at the Rugby club in Leamington and for the first time in 6 years we left our pitch reserved sign plus the EHU cable . When we returned a tent had set up on our pitch with our sign discarded and our cable was being used inside the tent . Life,s too short to get wound up just requested my cable and moved to another pitch

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
MH
autotrail
Exp
Last week we were camping at the Rugby club in Leamington and for the first time in 6 years we left our pitch reserved sign plus the EHU cable . When we returned a tent had set up on our pitch with our sign discarded and our cable was being used inside the tent . Life,s too short to get wound up just requested my cable and moved to another pitch
you mean you left the tent up when you moved to another pitch...........guess you are a lot more tolerant than me,,,,:devil:

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services