fnfrancer

Free Member
Nov 10, 2012
Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'll be staying in Turiscampo (Lagos) in Portugal next February / March but will need to fly out from Faro airport, returning 3 days later. Has anyone experience of leaving their van on the site for a few days? Any advice on getting to Faro airport would be welcome. Hiring a car may be the best option?

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
I have been there and seems nice enough place and safe. I would think hiring a car would be the most convenient option may not be the cheapest but the most convenient.
The site has its own security and barriers with office. Hope all ok
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We stayed on Touriscampo last February and hubby had to fly home due to a bereavement. I stayed with the van (and dogs) and felt very safe. He flew from Faro airport and got a taxi from Touriscampo to the train station in Lagos and then a short taxi ride from Faro train station to the airport.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We stayed there last Oct for 10 days, hired a car very cheap,they dropped off the car at campsite then picked up after
I'll be staying in Turiscampo (Lagos) in Portugal next February / March but will need to fly out from Faro airport, returning 3 days later. Has anyone experience of leaving their van on the site for a few days? Any advice on getting to Faro airport would be welcome. Hiring a car may be the best option?
We stayed there last October; great site, hired a car for a week,cheap as chips,they dropped car off at reception picked it up after.Ask at reception.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Stayed there several times and many people said they leave their vans there for long periods without a problem.
One guy was from Luxembourg and said he leaves his van there for very long periods and flies down.
Incidentally car hire is extremely cheap in Portugal.
Hope this helps.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
My favourite site in Portugal,,,safe as houses to leave your van there..BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back