Free Member
Jan 21, 2012
cornwall
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
hello,just joined forum today.recently bought 1st motorhome,2001 hymer b584(noticed you have hymer, hence this msg).only been away for a couple of weekends so far,but i love my van despite teething problems and my woeful lack of knowledge about things mechanical and electrical (am female),not stupid but i just never learned this stuff. today i parked outside parents house to plug into electric (had new engine battery put in this week,yes old one died cos i left van too long) . anyway, plugged in and when i switched on 12 volt switch there was a constant sound which i thought was the cab heater fan but couldnt turn it off. when i switched off 12 vlt, the noise stopped with an accompanying click.did sound like noise was coming from dash area. also i dont know when to switch 12 volt on and off anyway re charging batteries. the seemingly comprehensive handbook uses terminology above my head and i wish i had someone to explain things,or could do a course or read a book i could understand. would so appreciate any tips and guidance.

Originally posted as a PM to Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

mac3

Free Member
Jan 21, 2012
cornwall
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
its only like setting off from a pitch to hear a scraping noise looking in the rear camera to find nothing visible then the sudden realisation :Doh:the rear steady legs are down:Doh:

yup i been there and done that. i haven't yet set off with the hook up cable attached but i suppose there is still time.
and yes i do still forget to lock the odd cupboard / drawer although i soon remember when it comes to the first corner and you hear a crash from the hab area.
Glad I don't have steady legs! (I did fall downstairs recently)

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
In case you don't have a Hymer manual, the link below will get you a pdf of the English language manual for model year 2003 (it covers most models - certainly B-class) and I doubt whether it will be very different from the 2001 version. If you know anyone with a manual for your specific year/model, get the serial number from them (it's printed at the bottom of the front pages) and put that number in place of the numbers at the end of this string.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mac3

Free Member
Jan 21, 2012
cornwall
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
In case you don't have a Hymer manual, the link below will get you a pdf of the English language manual for model year 2003 (it covers most models - certainly B-class) and I doubt whether it will be very different from the 2001 version. If you know anyone with a manual for your specific year/model, get the serial number from them (it's printed at the bottom of the front pages) and put that number in place of the numbers at the end of this string.

Link Removed
Thankyou but I bought the van privately from a lovely couple and have handbooks on everything in the van and fantastic service history etc. Just don't have level of knowledge to understand all the terminology. Handbooks have been helpful and wouldn't be without them, but some in some areas feel the need for an interpreter, eventhough they are in English.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back