Free Member
Oct 7, 2012
Asturias Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone, we are new to MH'ing having rented a VW Westphalia hi-top last year for a few days here in Spain, we enjoyed the freedom and ability to please ourselves (unlike hotels) so this year we rented another VW Westphalia with a pop- top for a trip to the Mosel in Germany, we found the pop-top to be better to drive but more cramped.:Sad:
Bearing that in mind we have decided to buy instead of renting, so this is where we need some advice:We are looking for a used MH There are two of us with 2 dogs (last year it was 1) we prefer more space than a VW can provide so I guess it comes down to a Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot as these are the most plentiful.

We would like a toilet, shower a decent kitchen with fridge and preferably more than just a 2 burner hob, an oven or grill would be nice. beds 1 double would do fine but an extra would not go amiss....we prefer more living space rather than maximum sleeping capacity.

Given the above as a benchmark what would your recommendations be bearing in mind we live in the north of Spain (Asturias) so UK makes are unlikely to show up in our searches, so which MHs should we look for and which to avoid we are thinking about 5.5 -6.5 metres while staying within 3,500kgs is this realistic

Thanks in advance
Phil & Jackie:thanks2:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Definately a Hymer, so many different models and layout to choose from. Dont be afraid to buy an old one, mine is nearly 20 year old.:Smile:

They are built to last.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Some of the Moncayo are rather neat and, being Spanish should be fairly easy to get parts and such. I was rather put off by some of the Benimars (also Spanish) as they looked a bit 'cheap' and they insisted on siting the oven above head height (short wife ::bigsmile:).
Chaussons are popular are have some good layouts; same with Rapido.

But for build quality a Hymer from a few years back is hard to beat.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back