wendyre

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
sutton-in-ashfield
Funster No
MH
rollerteam
Exp
Does anyone know if i am allowed to ride a 125cc in France on L plates?
Going to take my CBT next week, If I cant beat him join him:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
thanks Wendy

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Wendy,

i dont know the french laws on bikes and learners but our french member YODELI may be able to help and she is online right now.
she is very friendly and understands english quite well.
just send her a PM and ask if she can help.
please explain you mean a 125cc motorcycle as a learner, she may not understand 'L' plates.

hope this helps

john.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Wendy, I must admit I have not seen L plates in France, but Jane was riding my scooter in Spain without any on it. But she had them on over here. After all when you rent a scooter in another country, they just check you have a Licence, they never say have you pasted your test, only when you want to rent a big bike, they check you have a full licence. :roflmto: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just asked our dutch member onderweg and he says no in holland. you must have a full bike licence.

maybe the same rules in france

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
i would say no also as cbt only covers uk leg and not europen check with the dsa

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Does anyone know if i am allowed to ride a 125cc in France on L plates?
Going to take my CBT next week, If I cant beat him join him:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
thanks Wendy

Good Luck Wendy,

Really hope you go on to pass the full test.All the best.

Steve.::bigsmile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Looks like you better get a move on then Wendy,:roflmto: not the best time of the year to be doing it.:winky:Its ice and snow, or leave it a bit and have rain, or wait till august and do it in our 2 weeks of summer. :roflmto: Good Luck. Bob.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
hi everybody!

This is the french "L" plate.
Careful some can be 16y old !

Attachments

• sigle conduite accompagnée.jpg
    sigle conduite accompagnée.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 5
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
You just want a reason to get back into those leather trousers now dont you - Own up. Good luck Wendy and buy some thermals:ROFLMAO:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
THAT doesn't look like a Motorcycle Frankie.:winky:

Bet it's warmer there than here today.:ROFLMAO:

Cause it's only for cars !::bigsmile:
I don't think there's any "l" plate for motorbykes It's far too dangerous in our "mad drivers" jungle. They have to pass full test and get their licence straight away
When learners (car driving) get their licence they have only 6 points on it instead of 12, during 3 years. If they get their 6 points removed by making mistakes(for example ,if you forget to fasten the seat bell they remove 2 points!!),they have to pass the test all over again!:Doh::ROFLMAO::roflmto:

Frankie:Smile:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
I have done a lot of motorhome driving in Europe but I am taking a 125 motorcycle with me this time (I passed my test over 40 years so no problem with the L plates) What I was wondering is there anything I need to know or carry with me when riding in Europe :RollEyes:?
I know I need to have the spare bulbs, hi vis jacket, triangles ets. in my motorhome but is there anything I need to have with me when I'm riding my motorbike ? Is there any site giving information on riding a motorbike in Europe showing what the laws & regulations are.

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
same as for campers the law in each country is diff check with aa or rac i dont think you will be useing motorways etc on a 125 so shouldnt be a prob really

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I have done a lot of motorhome driving in Europe but I am taking a 125 motorcycle with me this time (I passed my test over 40 years so no problem with the L plates) What I was wondering is there anything I need to know or carry with me when riding in Europe :RollEyes:?
I know I need to have the spare bulbs, hi vis jacket, triangles ets. in my motorhome but is there anything I need to have with me when I'm riding my motorbike ? Is there any site giving information on riding a motorbike in Europe showing what the laws & regulations are.

Hi Mike!

I'll check that for you, i don't think there's anything to worry about!
Still, the jacket is compulsary as soon as daylight is coming down ....(up to you to decide at what time you're not visible enought:RollEyes:) and as soon as you're not anymore in town.
If there's any other law i'll let you know , on this thread so that everybody can be informed at the same time!

Amicalement

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Careful some can be 16y old !

I was working in Montana, USA a few years ago, staying on a campsite doing some computer work for the owner when this baby ( her mom did the cooking so she knew me ) came asking for help. She looked about 13, took me to this massive old USA gas guzzler and said she'd locked herself out.

I looked at this baby then this car about 10 metres long and wondered if I was going mad.

I got her into the car but then found to my amazement that not all USA kids can reach under the dashboard and hot wire it.

Brian.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Cause it's only for cars !::bigsmile:
I don't think there's any "l" plate for motorbykes It's far too dangerous in our "mad drivers" jungle. They have to pass full test and get their licence straight away
When learners (car driving) get their licence they have only 6 points on it instead of 12, during 3 years. If they get their 6 points removed by making mistakes(for example ,if you forget to fasten the seat bell they remove 2 points!!),they have to pass the test all over again!:Doh::ROFLMAO::roflmto:

Sorry Frankie, Only Jesting.:winky:

So there's no learner motorcyclists then or at least they don't advertise the fact unlike our novices.?

How do they gain experience on the roads before taking their test?

That's an interesting one that with the car drivers.

So They START off WITH points on their licence whereas we start off with a clean licence and try to AVOID getting points.:RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP
OP
wendyre

wendyre

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
sutton-in-ashfield
Funster No
MH
rollerteam
Exp
:RollEyes: Thanks everyone for the replies,and looks like I will just have to sit my test:Doh:
Sonia ,John said I have no chance of getting back in the leathers:roflmto::roflmto:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi everybody!

Sorry to answer that late to the questions:Blush:.... i was quite busy these last few days!

So, you can't ride a bike if you don't have your full licence, that's for sure!:Sad:(BTW , steve-american dream- the bikers can't pass they licence before having been trained, that's how they get their experience. They ride the bike while being taught and a ""school car" follows them and talk to them with a radio system. When they are ready enought , they are allowed to pass the licence!::bigsmile::winky:)
Now when you have it , you must have with you one security jacquet and one triangle, only one! Even if you have a passenger!

Hope that helps!

And by the way, i wish you all a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!!

Amicalement

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
She looked about 13, took me to this massive old USA gas guzzler and said she'd locked herself out.

I looked at this baby then this car about 10 metres long and wondered if I was going mad.

I've just re-read this. I did not make it clear that this "baby" wanted to get in to drive the car, perfectly legally. Which puts French 16 YO bikers to shame.

Brian.

OP
OP
wendyre

wendyre

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
sutton-in-ashfield
Funster No
MH
rollerteam
Exp
Just to let you all know passed my CBT yesterday :shout::shout:
collecting my new bike tomorrow::bigsmile:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
No problem with the hi-vis jacket but where do you stick the warning triangle on the bike (no rude answers please :winky:) or do they make any for use with a bike. I have a couple in the van but even the smallest wouldn't eaxctly fit in my pocket.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No problem with the hi-vis jacket but where do you stick the warning triangle on the bike (no rude answers please :winky:) or do they make any for use with a bike. I have a couple in the van but even the smallest wouldn't eaxctly fit in my pocket.

warning triangles ect aren't compulsory on a bike for that very reason :thumb::thumb:

this taken from Link Removed

UPDATE: Thanks to Albert, we have been able to clarify that the requirement for a warning triangle and hi-viz vest does not apply to motorcycles - and whilst stowing and carrying a warning triangle could be difficult for a motorcycle, a high viz vest might be a good idea - very lightweight and taking up little room, a vest would give you great visibility if you were to break down at night.
For more info (in French) see www2.securiteroutiere.gouv.fr/

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
You seem to be right Papajohn! Had a look at the link you sent, and they say that it's not compulsary for motorbykes! I had my informations from a driving school:RollEyes:.... i have to tell them now to pass their driving licence before answering the questions!!!!!!:Doh:
I'll be more carefull next time and will ask to 2 or 3 different schools to check if i have the right answer!

Amicalement

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just to let you all know passed my CBT yesterday :shout::shout:
collecting my new bike tomorrow::bigsmile:

Enjoy.

But take care, they **are** out to get you and a lot of my biker friends say it seems to be getting worse right now.

ALWAYS have an escape route ready......

You see that old fool wanting to pull out, what happens if he does ?
You can hit him and go flying or you can be aware of everything around you and go for the soft option. Always have the crash YOU want.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back