Learn to crochet? (110 Viewers)

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Well! I cobbled together a cushion cover with some squares I made. No child of mine wants it. No real surprise there. So I have added a border and it’s now a lap blanket (which nobody wants). It has flaws and errors which I cannot be bothered to unpick and redo.
do you think it would be too cheeky to offload it to a charity shop?
I love it! I would definitely buy it. It’s lovely and I love the colours.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Help crafty ladies,

Desperately trying to empty house of everything but basics and sooo much 'stuff'.

Can you tell me how to advertise this on Gumtree (?) please?

It is faux leather..... (is that the right name for it?)... . 3 pieces to be sold as job lot... The green seems more like leather than the other to me even though they are all same stuff...

They measure approximately 55inches x 27inches. . And I suspect are quite good quality. Colours are green, brown and burgundy (?).

Thank you for any help you can give me re wording to help quick sale.

IMG_20211005_132713.jpg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Bumping. Help don't know what to put on my advert or what to charge.. don't want much.... need space. Please anybody know anything about this. I didn't buy it so I've no idea and only have phone. X

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Help crafty ladies,

Desperately trying to empty house of everything but basics and sooo much 'stuff'.

Can you tell me how to advertise this on Gumtree (?) please?

It is faux leather..... (is that the right name for it?)... . 3 pieces to be sold as job lot... The green seems more like leather than the other to me even though they are all same stuff...

They measure approximately 55inches x 27inches. . And I suspect are quite good quality. Colours are green, brown and burgundy (?).

Thank you for any help you can give me re wording to help quick sale.

View attachment 544965
I think you might struggle to sell them for very much, Joy, as its not expensive to buy it new

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
Bumping. Help don't know what to put on my advert or what to charge.. don't want much.... need space. Please anybody know anything about this. I didn't buy it so I've no idea and only have phone. X

why not donate those pieces to quackers craft weekends?

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
It’s lovely would think a care home would be a good place to try. Sus3v
Ooh - thank you - I hadn’t thought of that. I shall try the local nhs hospice. I’m sure people at the posh ones already have sufficient funds for a knee warmer 🙂. I will post a photo when I have finished the growing edges 😊

Sep 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2020
Well! I cobbled together a cushion cover with some squares I made. No child of mine wants it. No real surprise there. So I have added a border and it’s now a lap blanket (which nobody wants). It has flaws and errors which I cannot be bothered to unpick and redo.
do you think it would be too cheeky to offload it to a charity shop?
It's lovely 😍

Sep 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2020
Crochet is the perfect Motorhome hobby - no mess - portable - inexpensive - and (once mastered) therapeutic. I am going to attempt to teach it from my hospital bed. Choose a 5 or 6mm crochet hook “Pony” in the blue & orange pack are widely available and a ball of double knit yarn. Make a slip knot.

These instructions are for right-handed people.

Abbreviations
l/h left hand
r/h right hand
c/h crochet hook

If you have any queries please ask and when we get started please give me feedback. First lesson tomorrow. Apparently there are lessons on YouTube which could be a help.

Auntie Pam
New to this site and came across your post. I have recently brought my first crochet hooks. Any suggestions for complete beginners on how to get starte? I have brought a few books but they don't really make alot of sense to me at the moment 🧶

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
New to this site and came across your post. I have recently brought my first crochet hooks. Any suggestions for complete beginners on how to get starte? I have brought a few books but they don't really make alot of sense to me at the moment 🧶
Have a look on you tube. Just google beginners crochet. I used Bella Coco’s Crochet for absolute beginners. I still don’t do anything complicated!

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Have a look on you tube. Just google beginners crochet. I used Bella Coco’s Crochet for absolute beginners. I still don’t do anything complicated!
🙋🏻‍♀️ Another vote for Bella Coco.
She talks in U.K. terms whereas most of the others use US terms. You will need to learn both eventually as many patterns are written in US terms, but I think it’s easier to stick to those using U.K. terms at first.

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Not crochet but crafty.
I’ve been doing some cross stitching since we left.
This one is a gift for #3 daughter and fiancé who are getting married next Easter. I just need to add the names and date.
3D16876B-B951-41EC-A2C2-1E9D1B5DF733.jpeg

This one i started a couple of years ago and for some reason didn’t finish. It’s finished now!
ECFAA7AA-C2BD-4DB5-9F9C-31633866101C.jpeg

This is in the same series. I probably started it when I couldn’t find the other one and wanted a project to do whilst travelling. I had done the bottom half and stopped. I must have found the first one at some point because they were in the same plastic folder!
1D497668-09AC-4B50-85B5-375F6656B04A.jpeg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wow I love those socks.... I'd use them instead of slippers in my van. The beauty is they DON'T match. Could use up all bits of wool.

Do you have to have a special needle? Are they easy, cos I'm rubbish.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi everyone,

Sorry I’ve been rather absent of late. I have been admiring all your lovely work and still crocheting like a mad thing here on all sorts. I’ve got a list as long as my arm of projects to complete before Christmas, fingers crossed 😬

My current project is a little nativity scene for my Aunt - Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and a sheep 😊

Hope you are all well.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Finished the oddments lap blanket, started a scarf type thing.
and - just for fun - I have joined a fit-dance class and purchased leggings for the first time since I was a size 14 and thirty… it seems I am still a size 14 but considerably larger - who thought it would be a good idea to change size labels - I’m neither flattered nor fooled 🤷🏻‍♀️👵🏼🧶🧙‍♀️ Have a lovely
6011A7F2-0A22-4F1F-91DA-6BF89620A643.jpeg
day everybody. Ps the potty is not in use for its original purpose 😊 and yes, I wear socks with sandals when avoiding using the central heating 😃 lol

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
That’s beautiful Sophie SGNV
Did I see that you said you are back on the Gower next year. It would be lovely to catch up with you again.
Yes, back on the Gower from mid March. It would be lovely to have a coffee with you.
Just had my last day of work for the year, no more toilet cleaning until mid March, whoopeedemdoodah😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back