Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Screenshot_20201011_132303_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

This is the second picture. See previous page for first, please.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
HELP ladies..... My little grandaughter has asked for a baby unicorn and I have crocheted picture 1.

Then she mentioned, (over phone), that it has little wings?!!!!!!!! HELP. I said baby unicorns don't have wings but she assured me they do! So I was in a quandry.

I found tis (second picture) on Pinterest and I was going to do just the wings and sew them on first picture.. Despite being member of Pinterest I cannot get the bloomin' pattern for the wings.

Can anybody help please. ...

View attachment 433384
There’s no second picture Joy
I would make the wings then sew them on as you said
ooops you’ve just put the picture on...yes make them then sew on

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
There’s no second picture Joy
I would make the wings then sew them on as you said
Iit's come through now, sunshine I hope. I don't know how to make the wings. (the ones on the white unicorn). X

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
For anyone who enjoys "crochet along" or CAL

starts today. A Winter / Christmas blanket via Knitting network.

<Broken link removed>

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Mrs Badknee I think your coverlets are absolutely beautiful. Can you remind me of the pattern you used initially. I was looking at the CAL mentioned by Puddleduck above .and wondered whether this was the time to start a project like this. I know I made notes of the various medallion type projects - those with lots of colours - but life got in the way and I've lost/forgotten the names.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Mrs Badknee I think your coverlets are absolutely beautiful. Can you remind me of the pattern you used initially. I was looking at the CAL mentioned by Puddleduck above .and wondered whether this was the time to start a project like this. I know I made notes of the various medallion type projects - those with lots of colours - but life got in the way and I've lost/forgotten the names.

I'm not sure if I will make this blanket or not at the moment. I need to check how much yarn I have as I don't want to buy more until I have used up quite a lot of my stash. And I have another project to finish plus Grandson would like a winter sweater.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Puddleduck I have joined the group and printed the introduction etc. I have the right Christmassy colours but on knitting machine cones so 4ply red is the thickest I have. I don't have any double knit left so I'll look out for other possible patterns suitable for doubling (or trebling) threads.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Not been doing any crafting for a while as we have been busy since having the garage converted.
Building inspector came this morning and signed off for building control.
We are nearly there now just the wood flooring to lay .
I‘m looking forward to getting my sewing machine and crafting materials out.:giggle:
And I now also have a functioning utility room.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Puddleduck I have joined the group and printed the introduction etc. I have the right Christmassy colours but on knitting machine cones so 4ply red is the thickest I have. I don't have any double knit left so I'll look out for other possible patterns suitable for doubling (or trebling) threads.

You could double or triple and just use a bigger hook. The blanket will come out larger but as it's a blanket that doesn't matter!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Afternoon all, have been looking at the yarn stash in the attic, found a back and one and a half fronts to an aran cardigan,just hope I still have the pattern. enough aran yarn to possibly do a bedspread, after I have finished said cardigan and done John another jumper have found some lovely quality aran, just hope I have enough. what on earth made me buy bright blue aran, it's a bit like thcolour in some old loos lol.
Goodthing is I shoud have enough to keep me going till this time next year.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Afternoon all, have been looking at the yarn stash in the attic, found a back and one and a half fronts to an aran cardigan,just hope I still have the pattern. enough aran yarn to possibly do a bedspread, after I have finished said cardigan and done John another jumper have found some lovely quality aran, just hope I have enough. what on earth made me buy bright blue aran, it's a bit like thcolour in some old loos lol.
Goodthing is I shoud have enough to keep me going till this time next year.
If you're not sure if you have enough yarn, look for a Top-down pattern so the only thing you sacrifice if you run out is the length.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
If you're not sure if you have enough yarn, look for a Top-down pattern so the only thing you sacrifice if you run out is the length.

have never done a top down, like raglans as I have narrow shoulders and like the piece I am knitting to get smaller not bigger ;) will keep it in mind but I usually have loads left over, henc the crochet square that now is big enough for a bed.
It is also in the eaves but I can't reach it and have done myself an injury trying. thought it was soft tissue but seems to be my ribs ouch. ok so long as don't need to cough rarely go for more than a couple of hours without coughing due to my asthma.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

At the moment I am mostly doing top down with yokes. It is such a relief when you divide the work for sleeves and body but you feel you have achieved something by that point. I use a circular needle and almost every pattern I have can be converted to top down and circular - raglan shaping works really well with that method.

have never done a top down, like raglans as I have narrow shoulders and like the piece I am knitting to get smaller not bigger ;) will keep it in mind but I usually have loads left over, henc the crochet square that now is big enough for a bed.
It is also in the eaves but I can't reach it and have done myself an injury trying. thought it was soft tissue but seems to be my ribs ouch. ok so long as don't need to cough rarely go for more than a couple of hours without coughing due to my asthma.

Ouch. If not better in a day or two please get you GP or A&E to have a look.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
HELP ladies..... My little grandaughter has asked for a baby unicorn and I have crocheted picture 1.

Then she mentioned, (over phone), that it has little wings?!!!!!!!! HELP. I said baby unicorns don't have wings but she assured me they do! So I was in a quandry.

I found tis (second picture) on Pinterest and I was going to do just the wings and sew them on first picture.. Despite being member of Pinterest I cannot get the bloomin' pattern for the wings.

Can anybody help please. ...

View attachment 433384

She’s so cute

Ouch, hope it heals quickly x

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I got a message via James from his friends in the USA where the bunny ear hats and the variegated baby cardigan went;

"we had an amazing package arrive and it was the BESTEST EVER! First off, cutest cardi I have seen and second Louise bunny hats!!!!. Thank you so much they were a wonderful surprise. Also the quality of them is insane!"

I had a bit of dust in my eye when I read it.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
When I eventually (spring probably) finish my ever growing hexagons blanket - how shall I ever wash it - or more to the point, dry it.
I tumble dry mine until just damp and then dry flat - even if it has to be doubled and refolded a few times until fully dry. In the summer they go out on the grass (laid flat and on an old sheet) to dry.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Just been to buy some buttons for the cardigan I am knitting, almost cost as much as the yarn. Wonder if my sister has mum's old button tin. don't like buying stuff from charity shops for the buttons, as it is depriving someone of a useful garment.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
I tumble dry mine until just damp and then dry flat - even if it has to be doubled and refolded a few times until fully dry. In the summer they go out on the grass (laid flat and on an old sheet) to dry.
Thank you. We didnt Replace the tumble drier as an experiment about ten years ago and don’t miss it - until I wondered about the larger crochet item 🙄.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Just been to buy some buttons for the cardigan I am knitting, almost cost as much as the yarn. Wonder if my sister has mum's old button tin. don't like buying stuff from charity shops for the buttons, as it is depriving someone of a useful garment.
I have my late husband’s aunts button tin some of them are beautiful.
The tin is old and battered so she must have had it a long time I must have had it well over 20 years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back