1576181909470.jpeg

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Well it’s one of the prettiest I’ve seen, love the colours. If you can do that I’m sure crochet will be a breeze.
Agree - knitting is so much more complicated (for me).
you only use one stick and everything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
I've done the second square with a 3.5 crochet hook and this one is 6.7cm, as I need 6.5cm then I'll go with this one.

I prefer the look of the smaller one but as its only to wear as a bedjacket I don't need the closer effect, its in 4ply wool.

IMG_0089 (002).jpg

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Right I am having a go at crocheteting, have done a foundation chain now moving into the next row doing the double thing but finding it tricky to see where I should be picking up stitches in the gaps.

Would it be easier with thicker wool ? Using DK I think.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Right I am having a go at crocheteting, have done a foundation chain now moving into the next row doing the double thing but finding it tricky to see where I should be picking up stitches in the gaps.

Would it be easier with thicker wool ? Using DK I think.
You could try using a large hook to practice with

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
This is further than I have ever got on my quest to learn to crochet but is this how it’s meant to look ?
View attachment 352017
It looks like you are doing a chain between each table (?) making it a bit frilly. Nice job though ?

Edit - I was looking at it upside down! Perhaps you are missing out a chain between each stitch?

Have a look on YouTube for some easy tutorials.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
It looks like you are doing a chain between each table (?) making it a bit frilly. Nice job though ?

Edit - I was looking at it upside down! Perhaps you are missing out a chain between each stitch?

Have a look on YouTube for some easy tutorials.
I agree with Janine it does look as if you're missing one chain between each stitch rather than going into every chain - looks very neat though.

I know that you're following instructions, but you might find it easier to just do a granny square in one colour, you only have to go into a chain once for the starting ring and then once on every round.

I got my pattern from these people and there is an excellent video on how to make granny squares, I used one of their videos to check what I was doing to change colour, but this one is just one colour:

No sound which actually makes it a lot easier to follow because you only have to concentrate on what the hands are doing.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Ok collective crochet knowledge base of MHF I need your help. Mrs Fast doesn't do Fun, she learned to crochet in June and it has become a little all consuming, she attended the village hall Christmas show and sold out on hats.

So I'm after suggestions for a suitable present as last year the vacuum cleaner didn't go down well. She's already got a pompom maker and a craft bag, what will go down well and keep me in the marital bed this year?

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Ok collective crochet knowledge base of MHF I need your help. Mrs Fast doesn't do Fun, she learned to crochet in June and it has become a little all consuming, she attended the village hall Christmas show and sold out on hats.

So I'm after suggestions for a suitable present as last year the vacuum cleaner didn't go down well. She's already got a pompom maker and a craft bag, what will go down well and keep me in the marital bed this year?
Lots of wool!

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 615 af
Exp
2 weeks
What about a set of different sized crochet hooks - if she doesn't already have them or some stitch markers, a book of different crochet flowers to adorn the hats, a gift voucher for yarn shop so she can shop for what she wants unencumbered by the self imposed guilt lots of us feel at adding to our already unused stash! :roflmto:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
What about a set of different sized crochet hooks - if she doesn't already have them or some stitch markers, a book of different crochet flowers to adorn the hats, a gift voucher for yarn shop so she can shop for what she wants unencumbered by the self imposed guilt lots of us feel at adding to our already unused stash! :roflmto:
Exactly that ^^^^ ?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs

Paddywack , look online to see if there is a craft for crafters fair near you in the new year.Tickets are usually between £7 and £15 depending on where you go. There are also workshops available at the fair which are nice to do. You could get your wife a gift voucher for a craft shop or just your own home printed one for x balls of yarn.
Another option is a subscription to one of the crochet magazines.

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Tickets for one of the knit and stitch shows and book a campsite nearby :) Plus make sure she has plenty of ££s for the nice things she will have to acquire whilst there.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Paddywack Without knowing what crochet hooks your dear lady has already, may I suggest Clover Soft Touch or Clover Amour in sizes 2mm 2.5mm and 3mm. They are certainly available on line - approx £8 each. Try Wool Warehouse or Picasso's Den. Other sites are available but I can't bring them to mind at the moment. Keep clear of the Chinese ones - they will not arrive in time.

Edit: Wool Warehouse have a lovely set 2mm to 6mm at £49.99 :Eeek:

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Paddywack Without knowing what crochet hooks your dear lady has already, may I suggest Clover Soft Touch or Clover Amour in sizes 2mm 2.5mm and 3mm. They are certainly available on line - approx £8 each. Try Wool Warehouse or Picasso's Den. Other sites are available but I can't bring them to mind at the moment. Keep clear of the Chinese ones - they will not arrive in time.

Generally you get what you pay for in these things.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588

Still cheaper than a Dyson!

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas, I'll let you know what Santa brings when I've checked out her current rods.

But please keep the ideas coming.

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 615 af
Exp
2 weeks
What about a voucher for 'time to crochet' (although you seem thoughtful to think about what she would like already!) -offer to do any jobs/ chores that she may normally do that would add up to give her extra time to indulge in crochet- i would love that lol!!

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Definitely Janine - especially as I want to get my sewing room/work room organised for next year so that I can get more creative. I always have this thing about getting ready for a new year - think I caught it from my grandma. Clothes washing all done - no washing up left over on New Years Eve etc. etc.

I think I'll make it my signature from now on
"Creative Clutter is better than Idle Neatness" does have a certain ring to it.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
You know how I’ve been complaining about all the sheepsies in the moho? Well look what happened.
1st one appeared.

B9A0C66E-41F4-4A89-A12A-BA9CB6A0A9A0.jpeg

Then more.

3F48C6A6-C1CB-49D7-BEBC-AEFA295D6C8F.jpeg

Then whoosh, taaaa daaaaa.

0DB27AD4-C94E-4FB9-80B6-0A5A20B5FFB0.jpeg

Very very proud of my learner at this crottcheting lark. My carer Angela Mrs Badknee ???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back