LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Here we go.. More suggestions needed please.

BBought this yonks ago when Aldi had a Craft flow.... Love the colours but it is AWFUL to use... Any hints or tips what I can do with it please?

IMG_20190917_120120.jpg

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Here we go.. More suggestions needed please.

BBought this yonks ago when Aldi had a Craft flow.... Love the colours but it is AWFUL to use... Any hints or tips what I can do with it please?

View attachment 332119
I tried using it Joy and it was a nightmare I couldn’t see where the stitches were ended up as another unfinished project

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I tried using it Joy and it was a nightmare I couldn’t see where the stitches were ended up as another unfinished project

Oh dear.. Looks like a waste of money then. :(.

I am trying out 'different' things at the moment. Maybe I can use it as some kind of 'addition' to other things. Will let you know if I think of anything.

These are my Michael Jackson fingerless dragon gloves. :). Only one hand scaled.. Well I did say 'different'.

IMG_20190917_123337.jpg

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I'm doing another similar blanket with Tunisian oblongs at min that's started to curl up as well

Don’t worry too much about the curl, I know it’s annoying and I wish my Grandma was around so I could ask her but what I do know that if your tension is too tight it will curl badly.
Just keep going and sort the curl when you’ve finished!

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Thankyou.would love yo see a pic of your blanket that your grandma made for you. I can understand her doing the tassel edge . I have so many threads to sew in.

I don’t have the blanket with me at present but I will post a photo of it, I only use it in the winter as it’s very warm.
Granny knitted sweaters for everyone and it was understood that if you grew out of the sweater or just didn’t want it anymore Granny would have it back and re-use the Wool (real wool) so the blankets (she did Tunisian Crochet later in life because of Arthritic hands) were all made of re-used (lord knows how many times) wool!

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Don’t worry too much about the curl, I know it’s annoying and I wish my Grandma was around so I could ask her but what I do know that if your tension is too tight it will curl badly.
Just keep going and sort the curl when you’ve finished!
Thankyou. X

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven’t been on for a while. I am definitely a craftipath - have half a dozen things on the go and another dozen in my head. Even not working there’s still not enough hours in the day!

Well. AS USUAL... I couldn't follow the pattern so ended up doing my own thing most of the time. .. hence his name, Unique.. as in UNICorn. :rolleyes:

That is beautiful Joy! If that happens when you don’t follow a pattern I do not think you have anything to worry about. Apparently anything unicorn sell like hot cakes so fingers crossed for you x
@Ven.what did you dsell? Well done.

I made a cowl in the end with the grey scarf I was making and a friend wanted to buy it and asked me to make another so that’s a start. Also a wool scarf I’ve finished in greens and blues another friend wants as long as her friend isn’t allergic. I will pop pictures on in a moment.

I hope to sell a bit more productively once I’m back in the UK so I can post stuff easily.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Oh dear

On the basis that God loves a tryer.. Just finished this, failed badly, bee.. :(. Will try and use him as a key ring. Hate throwing anything away... have started on another idea now to make next bee.

View attachment 334793View attachment 334794
Joy I love that little bee!!
So cute!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back