LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Does anyone else stay up so late because they just can’t stop crafting? Some nights I just can’t stop and end up hobbling to bed because I’m so stiff. It’s definitely an addiction. Just one more row ....

Guilty as charged.

I did 4 rows last night and didn't put in the safety row as these rows were "easy". I have un-knitted 4 rows this morning. I tried to knit down the section I thought was wrong but was too tired to make a good job of it. Never mind it gives me something to do later :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Can’t wait to see the finished product!

Can't wait to get it finished and then decide if I am going to do another one or if I will use the posh yarn to make a sweater. snailtrailer I do love the sweater on the front cover of Brioche Chic. I might see if I can master the stitch and then see if I can make a similar pattern as I'll want to use my own yarn.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Guilty as charged.

I did 4 rows last night and didn't put in the safety row as these rows were "easy". I have un-knitted 4 rows this morning. I tried to knit down the section I thought was wrong but was too tired to make a good job of it. Never mind it gives me something to do later :)

Yep guilty of that as well, definitely not a good idea attempting complicated patterns when tired ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Offagain These are my three - I'm hoping it gets easier the more you do and I've decided I don't like the mercerised yarns. I've only ever done two flatties.
Puddleduck I couldn't master the Brioche stitch last night - I must be doing something wrong as I ended up with only half the stitches on the needle. The back of the book gives a few examples of fisherman's rib so I fiddled with that instead.

I have to pack up when it gets dark - our lighting is terrible. Can anyone recommend a good light?
3E4ABF09-F4D8-4F89-B646-179E21247304.jpeg

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Does anyone else stay up so late because they just can’t stop crafting? Some nights I just can’t stop and end up hobbling to bed because I’m so stiff. It’s definitely an addiction. Just one more row ....
Only every night!

Gorgeous flatties! Lovely colours too. I finished the blanket this evening and started one, even though I should be stuffing the others! I prefer mercerised yarn, interesting how we’re all different.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
In my stash, I had a random (charity shop) ball of quite thick cotton yarn. It has made up into a nice basket.

DB2AC21B-0D23-4072-8D39-0EAA5854A262.jpeg

The pattern came from this lovely book but basically it is just a circle in double crochet then work the sides without any increases or decreases. The corded top is done by doing the dc’s from left to right instead of right to left
5FEAA41C-DB7C-4133-BA73-18A11EBAE02B.jpeg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Janine I'm sure Alice Chrysalis will be along soon to show you her pictures - she has made at least one French rabbit. I was tempted by the book but then chose the My Crochet Doll book instead. Now I see loads of crochet dolls on Pinterest.

Incidently how do you get the free patterns from Pinterest. I tried e-mailing them to myself but that didn't work.

I struggle too Pam. I have ended up screen shotting them on my camera .. then send them to my email address and then print them at the library as I don't have a printer.

:(

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Hello pawwavingpuppy
I crochet for "octopusforapreemie.com" who make these octopus, jellyfish and flatties for premature and poorly babies as an aid and comfort to stop them pulling on their tubes. You'll find them on facebook with a fuller explanation. Offagain told me about the charity and so I joined. A few rules about which cotton yarns to use and the patterns are specific to the charity. The octopals all have to be submitted to a co-ordinator for thorough checking before either 'swimming' to a newborn or 'flying' to an angel if they're not quite up to standard.

Incidently, they are given to the Mums and Dads.

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
The Wild Swan Shawl is finished!!!!!

100_9485.JPG 100_9483.JPG 100_9484.JPG

I will wear it in the winter over the top of a coat that has seen better days but with a shawl will do for another winter :)

It's not as long as I thought it would be and if I make it again in a finer yarn I'll probably add a couple of pattern repeats either side to make it more than a semi-circle, or make it into a full circle :). It took just less than 900m of yarn

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

View attachment 323240 View attachment 323241 View attachment 323242

I will wear it in the winter over the top of a coat that has seen better days but with a shawl will do for another winter :)

It's not as long as I thought it would be and if I make it again in a finer yarn I'll probably add a couple of pattern repeats either side to make it more than a semi-circle, or make it into a full circle :). It took just less than 900m of yarn

Wow ... you are so clever .. how beautiful.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009

Gorgeous!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I am getting super-sorted for my next trip and started gathering all my little odds and sods of yarn to make African Flower motifs.

The pattern is available on Ravelry. - check out the lovely animals on Heidi Bears' page.

20190809_115500.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Beautiful Helen Puddleduck
I’m afraid I haven’t done any crocheting recently I’ve been too tied up in our Summer Championship Show and International event but that is over now thank goodness it was very enjoyable but a lot of work organising the other teams.
We have Robert Sarah and baby Ava coming down in a couple of weeks so after they leave I should be ready to start a new project ...what I don’t know but I’m sure I’ll think of something.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I am now wondering what to start next :) I do have the joining band for the Jackfield bag to complete but that won't take long.

I have two cones of 4ply "posh" yarn that I was thinking of using for a fine version of Wild Swan but think it would be too small (although on largish needles might be nice) so will have a trawl through patterns to see if inspiration strikes.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750

Absolutely gorgeous!

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Well the crochet part of the Jackfield bag is finished and I started to knit a top down yoked sweater last night. No pattern as it is a combination of different ideas........ I am not sure of it will work or not but we will see.

I have decided I need to be more organised with my days - so much I want to do and I end up not achieving very much. So I am going to try an hour by hour approach and see how long I manage that and how much I get done.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
I am wasting (nearly put waisting!!) my time on a knitted lacy scarf using mauve/purple, white and a pale pink mohair in wavy stripes. An easy pattern with alternate knit rows - so something to do when I'm feeling tired.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back