Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Some very clever people out there....

This little fellow is about 1 cm high ....
Screenshot_20190714-233742.png

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The 1 ply yarn is not working out so well - I think it has dried out and so it breaks at the lightest touch :( Never mind I will get some 2 or 3 ply to make a shawl with. At the moment I am making a Jackfield Square with Aran weight left overs and might make a bag if there is enough yarn (should be). I'll line it and fill with goodies as a gift for a time of year when a fat man in a red suit is supposed to come calling!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have finally got round the pattern for Johns next aran, pattern was 9 pages long and each bit of pattern, cable, honeycone etc was documented separately (one was wrong) after really concentrating have now done my first full pattern which is, in reality, only 8 rows think i am going to enjoy doing it, dare i say the pattern is from ireland.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
scotzsue I love knitting cable patterns and have a few books just devoted to the patterns rather than garments. Some of the designs need two or even three cable needles :)

I also love this book

1563698320311.png

I have finished the first Jackfield square which wasn't as difficult as the pattern writer made it sound but I did rip out and alter a few rounds to add more texture by going round the post rather than into the stitch where I thought it would look better :) I am onto the the first "make corner" round of the second square. I couldn't get fine yarn in the shops here so bought some DK and will make a shawl with that just so I have something to do with my hands once I have finished the crochet on the bag.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Puddleduck do like putting my own patterns in and have one very old book, it was mum's and she passed away in '82.
one i am doing is john's clan pattern, jumper to buy was about £140 !!! thought i could knit it at that time they wanted £28 for the pattern, realise now the reason it was so cheap as a pdf has at least one mistake in it. will need to google a Jackfield square am not much cop at crocheting though.
Thanks for the heads up on that book love the cover pattern.

Jangles

Free Member
Jul 22, 2019
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Ace Airstream07
Exp
Newbie ex caravanner
Hi all, newbie to Moho’ing ... but experienced hooker! Happy to have found this ‘thread’ #sorry ?? no more puns, I promise! Crocheting is just one of my MANY hobbies (addictions! ?). Desperately trying not to turn the Moho into another place to hoard yarn! Link to some of my “stuff” on >>> Pinterest <<<.

Still learning despite experience but also happy to help if ever needed.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hello Jangles :pink: to the Learn to Crochet thread. One of the easiest hobbies to follow when motorhoming, even better than knitting because of the clicketty clac of the needles. This is now a true crafty thread with examples of quilting, jewellery, felting. When you've a few spare hours look back at some of the lovely things being made.

At some of the smaller rallies you'll often find a group getting together to learn crochet and card-making so get your teaching skills honed.?

Cheers, Pamela aka Auntie Pam

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi all, newbie to Moho’ing ... but experienced hooker! Happy to have found this ‘thread’ #sorry ?? no more puns, I promise! Crocheting is just one of my MANY hobbies (addictions! ?). Desperately trying not to turn the Moho into another place to hoard yarn! Link to some of my “stuff” on >>> Pinterest <<<.

Still learning despite experience but also happy to help if ever needed.

Hello. :)

I am rubbish but still enjoy the trying . :)

Look forward to seeing some of your work for inspiration. (We also put other crafty things we have done on here) ..

X

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Any ideas on how I can make similar ? I’m not great at sewing fiddly things.
1563972030955.jpeg

Granddaughter loves her American Girl dolls (18 inches tall) I’ve got her an AG horse for her birthday but would like to attempt a riding outfit.
Boots I can buy on EBay, jodhpurs I can make from cutting up a pair of charity shop leggings. Cannot find a riding hat—— any ideas ? And is there an easy way to make the jacket ? Lapels and sleeves are making me nervous. :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Is there anything here that you could adapt?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Any ideas on how I can make similar ? I’m not great at sewing fiddly things.
View attachment 320108
Granddaughter loves her American Girl dolls (18 inches tall) I’ve got her an AG horse for her birthday but would like to attempt a riding outfit.
Boots I can buy on EBay, jodhpurs I can make from cutting up a pair of charity shop leggings. Cannot find a riding hat—— any ideas ? And is there an easy way to make the jacket ? Lapels and sleeves are making me nervous. :)

Alice Chrysalis is very good with dolly patterns. Hope she sees this. X

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome Jangles . I think most of us have multiple hobbies and this is a great thread to share ideas and show each other what we are working on.

I think the heat has gone to my head as I don’t be able to finish a project at the moment. Current ongoing crochet projects are a Jackfield Tile bag, i have finished the tiles but need to finish the rest, some bunting and a blanket :blusher:

Below is some jewellery I have been playing with and some bunting that is a WIP. I am enjoying working with thinner cotton although I am not as neat as I would like.

C5E6BFB9-53D4-4E55-BA19-231482DDAC79.jpeg
A4511687-ECA2-45B1-B1CF-D5482A2DB8D0.jpeg

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Lovely!

I keep forgetting to post this link. I bought one of these necklaces for my mom who is sensitive to metal clasps on jewellery and realised that it was probable quite an easy make. It certainly is!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I am trying to make a Wild Swan Shawl (knitting). It is (how should i say it) challenging and I am doing a safety row every other row.

At the moment I am using cheap DK acrylic just to check out the pattern but if I am happy with it and identify all the trouble spots I will get some fine yarn (2 ply? fine wool?) and make it "in anger" and possibly alter the pattern so it is a full circle.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I am trying to make a Wild Swan Shawl (knitting). It is (how should i say it) challenging and I am doing a safety row every other row.

At the moment I am using cheap DK acrylic just to check out the pattern but if I am happy with it and identify all the trouble spots I will get some fine yarn (2 ply? fine wool?) and make it "in anger" and possibly alter the pattern so it is a full circle.

WOW!!! how long will that take you?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
WOW!!! how long will that take you?

Too many hours to count - plus the un-knitting and naughty words when I find the charted pattern is correct and I should have had faith, looked ahead and then moved the pattern repeat markers for the next few rounds!!!! Done that twice now.

DK is much more forgiving when taken out and re-knitted which is why I am making the "winter" version first. lol.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Puddleduck what a beautiful pattern. I think it would look lovely in a soft grey or heather colour. Have you any thoughts?

I'm sticking to octopus for the foreseable future - I still have too many UFOs and other projects in the pipeline. I have started to block out days on the calendar to get two quilts finished before the end of September.

I hope the Wild Swan pattern goes well for you.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Puddleduck what a beautiful pattern. I think it would look lovely in a soft grey or heather colour. Have you any thoughts?

I'm sticking to octopus for the foreseable future - I still have too many UFOs and other projects in the pipeline. I have started to block out days on the calendar to get two quilts finished before the end of September.

I hope the Wild Swan pattern goes well for you.

I have ordered a couple of cones of fine yarn, one a merino/silk blend in a denim coulour and the other a cashmere/alpaca/merino in cream. One is 3ply and the other 4ply weight so I will see how it goes.

I still have the Jackfield bag to finish but not much to do on that and I need to find my box of Aran oddments to finish it, then either find or make a bag as a lining. The finished Jackfield bag will be filled with small goodies and given to my Sister-in-Law as a gift - the one whose husband has been so seriously ill. As if that wasn't enough for her she has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is undergoing treatment for that and her daughter's husband announced he couldn't deal with the stress and walked out on her and the children.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I still have the Jackfield bag to finish but not much to do on that and I need to find my box of Aran oddments to finish it, then either find or make a bag as a lining. The finished Jackfield bag will be filled with small goodies and given to my Sister-in-Law as a gift - the one whose husband has been so seriously ill. As if that wasn't enough for her she has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is undergoing treatment for that and her daughter's husband announced he couldn't deal with the stress and walked out on her and the children.

What a horrid time she is having, an understatement I know. It will make a lovely personal gift.

My Jackfield bad if still a WIP having finished the tiles, I have to finish the joining piece. I bought some jute bags off ebay to build it around and am intending to make a couple for Christmas gifts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back