LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
No poppies done for a few days as I am busy with the next wedding quilt. I'll be taking crochet to Millport and Dumfries though.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Helen sorry I haven’t posted mine yet as I realised I need to sew buttons in some of my earlier ones

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
A friend popped round and left these in the porch 11 Poppies
48,154 - 11 = 48,143
CEA31DD1-E7CF-4E5B-9018-979A5B29D8C3.jpeg
she is right .
I enjoyed my lesson in SOS but cannot retain it!!
Lol

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
@Puddleduck lesley had left her threads on thinking it maybe easier to attach to the display . Should I remove them or leave on?

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I spent quite some time winding the yarn off one of the donated machine knitting cones and making them into skeins. The cone had got a bit dirty top and bottom. Anyway 500 grams of yarn have now been washed and are drying - indoors unfortunately as the weather has changed. It is now a pretty aqua colour so was worth the effort.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 16

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I spent quite some time winding the yarn off one of the donated machine knitting cones and making them into skeins. The cone had got a bit dirty top and bottom. Anyway 500 grams of yarn have now been washed and are drying - indoors unfortunately as the weather has changed. It is now a pretty aqua colour so was worth the effort.
What a good idea I should have thought if that as well xx

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Hi Pam, that is a lovely colour, all the cone wool was donated generously by @Jaws I know John & Maureen will be pleased to see it being used, you are a inspiration and have got me and others taking up knitting and crocheting wether it's poppies or blankets, or anything else it's certainly stretching my brain cells. Thank you.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi @Ven ... Langtoftlad has some wool for you and Debs. No internet means more craft time .. good on you. My car in for MOT in morning and I will be sat in waiting room clicking away .. ;)

(Needles not young mechanics sadly... ;) )

Oh ..48,139

= 48,133
========

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
@Puddleduck lesley had left her threads on thinking it maybe easier to attach to the display . Should I remove them or leave on?

Anthea I think,Helen wants them left on so she can attach them to the net:)

Yes please leave the ends on! It saves you time as no fastening off to do and saves me time as I use the ends to attach to the netting. I think I will be taking the poppies and netting to Italy with me as I will have so many to attach :) and we won't be home until towards the end of October so not much time after we do get home. I also need to write the words for the information leaflet, what the poppies mean, who made them and a brief commemorative note regarding the bio-plastic poppies and the people commemorated on them.

More local people have become involved but no one has done as much as our lovely funsters. To say I have been overwhelmed wit the response would be an understatement.

The display is going to look breathtaking, inspiring, and thought provoking.

I was just talking to the secretary of the community council (Hazel) about the poppies as we have been asked as a community if we could saddle the horse with the poppy saddle in November (we were going to anyway), and also if we could let the community council know if there was anything else happening so they can pass it on to one of the organisations that funds repair and maintenance of war memorials - one of the criteria for funding is that the local community respect the war memorial and ensure the surrounding are kept clean and tidy. They are very much encouraging commemoration of the armistice and Hazel is going to write with details of our plans and the people who have done so much work.

This is a very small settlement but during the First World War the residents had a knitting club that met in the school room (I think every month) and all sorts of clothing was made for the troops. The local paper reported regularly on the amount made and sent and it is staggering just how much was achieved.

I have only had two negative comments - one that the war memorial should be pulled down as it commemorates and glorifies war and the other that it was a waste of time and I should find a more worthwhile cause.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
...shall totally ignore the negativity.... well done you and thank you for remembering those who gave their lives for us, and those who returned but war images etched on their brains.

It is nothing to do with me but ax one of the crocheters I feel really proud that we have achieved to much and given our time to make others remember and donate to a worthy cause. Thank you thank you thank you.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I have ordered a croquet set....

Can I join your club...??? (y)

0c0c8957b00af6e1503529d4af46a5d2.jpg

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
...shall totally ignore the negativity.... well done you and thank you for remembering those who gave their lives for us, and those who returned but war images etched on their brains.

It is nothing to do with me but ax one of the crocheters I feel really proud that we have achieved to much and given our time to make others remember and donate to a worthy cause. Thank you thank you thank you.
Joy I totally agree with everything you have said ....ignore the negativity Helen .......I too feel proud that we are a group ladies who most had no idea how to crochet a couple of months ago and look what we have achieved .

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
HELP! @snailtrailer @Jenben and ALL ...

have a problem ...

I bought a pattern for a sweater from the lovely wool shop in Sutton on Sea .... then decided I would get the wool from there but when I went back she didn't stock it. I asked if Chunky wool would do instead she said No.

I have been on ebay and cannot find the wool stated .. ( or should I say it doesn't look the same) .... it is called

MEGA CHUNKY WOOL

ANY advice welcomed.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
SECOND REQUEST FOR HELP

Struggled to find a pattern that fully meets my requirements and on Google found two.

But it states a charge and says "Download as PDF'

I havn't a clue what this means .. I am technophobic. Can I do this to my phone? HOW? CAN I print it off?

Thank you.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
HELP! @snailtrailer @Jenben and ALL ...

have a problem ...

I bought a pattern for a sweater from the lovely wool shop in Sutton on Sea .... then decided I would get the wool from there but when I went back she didn't stock it. I asked if Chunky wool would do instead she said No.

I have been on ebay and cannot find the wool stated .. ( or should I say it doesn't look the same) .... it is called

MEGA CHUNKY WOOL

ANY advice welcomed.
Joy I’ve just looked on eBay and there’s loads of mega chunky wool

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Joy I’ve just looked on eBay and there’s loads of mega chunky wool

Can you copy the link for me please. It could be my phone limits Google but I just got one and it was a HUGE BALL LIKE A BLANKET .. not knotting.

I got other Chunky but not Mega. :(

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Can you copy the link for me please. It could be my phone limits Google but I just got one and it was a HUGE BALL LIKE A BLANKET .. not knotting.

I got other Chunky but not Mega. :(
I’m useless at copying links Joy but I’ve done a couple of screenshots
A1FA215A-733F-4758-AD00-CD09E1F7DE10.png
7A4F35D0-27FC-4629-B3DC-55E38B99A7E8.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back