LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oh dear ... just when I thought it was going well :( Going to pull it out and start again.

The turn to start on the secong row ended up like a fat curl in a worm . And the more I travelled along hhe line trying to stick the hook in I got holes!!!

20180306_175850.jpg

Carol how did you cotton on so fast!!!!!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Guess who is the dumbo of this group!!!! Started again but with just 11 stitches.. now have a small square that looks slightly skew whiff and with sides all raggedy and .... 7 stitches.:confused:

Starting again.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Guess who is the dumbo of this group!!!! Started again but with just 11 stitches.. now have a small square that looks slightly skew whiff and with sides all raggedy and .... 7 stitches.:confused:

Starting again.
Joy I’m giving you the limelight tonight - when I start mine I shall be the laughing stock (not that you are of course .....) but when my efforts are photographed I certainly will be ..... :confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Some of you surprise me, I thought it was just for posh people, anyway I'm in, just bought a full set . (y)

Games_2232.jpg
Like to see what you can crochet with those Jim:rofl:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Funster crochet group are you joining us???
Sorry Funster crochet club

No. I think I will leave that to the English boys.

I will tag in a few though to swell your ranks

@Jim @eddievanbitz @NickNic @johnp10

I think they might enjoy it.

As long as you don’t mention anything Scottish

winealot

Funster
Jul 27, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 1994
Thanks Kath... I will google pom pom accessories. If it is I can make a pom pom once I am up to the stage of making a bob hat... yeah... Excited. :)

Best thing since sliced bread pom pom makers I have all different sizes, u tube the best way to go you can pause as much as you like,

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Jim’s already joined but he has bought the wrong crochet hooks see post#95

He will soon get the hang of it (y)

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hello Chris - want to join in?

I just came on to say to the Funsters Crochet Club (FCC or has that already been taken, it came up on spell check) in case I’m late on tomorrow - for your homework please watch the YouTube video suggested by @Jammel1990 and @pawwavingpuppy .

Signing off now, see you tomorrow
Bully Pam

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

I just came on to say to the Funsters Crochet Club (FCC or has that already been taken, it came up on spell check) in case I’m late on tomorrow - for your homework please watch the YouTube video suggested by @Jammel1990 and @pawwavingpuppy .

Bully Pam

No thanks Pam.

Being a giving person I was just thinking of my English friends and what they are going to do while yet another Grand Slam goes begging due to inherent mental weakness.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

Bully Pam
Nite nite enjoy your jelly?!and thanks for our lesson!

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Had a thought, if anyone wants to Crochet but their hands are complaining try Tunisian Crochet-done with one needle/hook.
Same start, crochet a chain then work all the way to the end of chain but you keep all loops on the hook then you work backwards looping all loops off the hook.
You end up with a very close work that resembles knitting, you use one very long straight hook for 'flat work'-squares etc or you have a long hook with a 'tail' which allows you to crochet rounds etc.
Look up Tunisian Crochet, google will show you.
I have an Afghan (blanket) my grandma made for me and I always wondered how it was made (I know the material is old wool as she always unpicked any old jerseys for her Crochet) then I met Tunisian Crochet and that is how my blanket has been made-it’s at least 60 yrs old, goodness knows how old the wool is.
First pic is 'right' side, second pic is 'wrong' side-
19C77672-8DA3-4F95-99F4-00E71A4FD9A3.jpeg

C64E34AA-E582-48FE-A195-206750823BD0.jpeg

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Can I just stick my nose in....again....a crochet hook needs much more movement than a knitting needle, turn & twist as much as you like to get the wool where you want it, angle the hook part downwards when pulling a loop thru to make the next stitch.
@snailtrader I think you’re very brave to teach Crochet like this, I don’t want to step on your toes just couldn’t resist 'helping'!:) Sorry.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
97633237-F3B8-49FA-9B15-311FBC16E5F4.jpeg
Could not resist putting this photo on I asked Eddie to hold my hooks when I looked around turned around and seen this, I’m quite lucky we have a large garden centre across the road and they sell all sorts of craft things

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Had a thought, if anyone wants to Crochet but their hands are complaining try Tunisian Crochet-done with one needle/hook.
Same start, crochet a chain then work all the way to the end of chain but you keep all loops on the hook then you work backwards looping all loops off the hook.
You end up with a very close work that resembles knitting, you use one very long straight hook for 'flat work'-squares etc or you have a long hook with a 'tail' which allows you to crochet rounds etc.
I have an Afghan (blanket) my grandma made for me and I always wondered how it was made (I know the material is old wool as she always unpicked any old jerseys for her Crochet) then I met Tunisian Crochet and that is how my blanket has been made-it’s at least 60 yrs old, goodness knows how old the wool is.
View attachment 217527
View attachment 217528
That looks lovely but I'm still at the chain stage!!!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Magic start photos will be delayed ...... my friend brought round her son's down jacket which she had washed and asked me to put it through our drier - he is going to Nepal at the end of the week so will probably need it!!!!!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Magic start photos will be delayed ...... my friend brought round her son's down jacket which she had washed and asked me to put it through our drier - he is going to Nepal at the end of the week so will probably need it!!!!!
Helen he will need it and to think we've been moaning all last week about -2!!!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
View attachment 217527
View attachment 217528

Can someone please tell me how to save this post please.. I would like to try this once I have mastered the other crochet.

If I bookmark someghing it is kmpossible to find it again. Ghank you.

PS I don't have a printer it's my phone.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
A79B2C43-8429-425D-BC81-2FE912E0F9A4.jpeg 853A2A38-C204-41B7-9DDA-E05F90B6BA3D.jpeg
A79B2C43-8429-425D-BC81-2FE912E0F9A4.jpeg
Hello everyone. I’m going home today but time to answer a few queries
@champers Kath - you could use two threads. I am currently using 4 strands of machine knitting - as long as you can keep them both taut.

@movan Joy. That first row after the chain is the hardest. You are losing stitches because you need to treat the turning chain as a stitch and dig into it.
Could someone print these notes for you?

@Shrimp I haven’t done Tunisian crochet but a friend had trouble with her square being on the slant. Can you still do Granny squares with this method?

Now a word about the 1,2 or 3 stitches used as a turning chain. In Granny squares the 3 chain at the beginning becomes the equivalent of a treble and you dig into it at the end to join up with a slip stitch. A slip stitch is just dig in, wrap and pull out.

When you have made a sample square you should be competent to recognise a chain stitch, a slip stitch
and a treble and therefore ready to move onto Granny squares.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back