LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
@Jenben Was the pattern easy to follow ? Mind I never follow a pattern all the way through but always end up making changes :) Like a blouse pattern that became an evening dress!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
@Jenben Was the pattern easy to follow ? Mind I never follow a pattern all the way through but always end up making changes :) Like a blouse pattern that became an evening dress!!!!

Yes puddle duck it was, her patterns are for sewers like me who want have a go at making clothes but are a bit scared !

I only started sewing after giving up work, I have a lot of fabric and patterns but spend a lot of time thinking about sewing instead of doing it .

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Yes puddle duck it was, her patterns are for sewers like me who want have a go at making clothes but are a bit scared !

I only started sewing after giving up work, I have a lot of fabric and patterns but spend a lot of time thinking about sewing instead of doing it .

I need to get the first quilt finished and hope I'll have enough time to make a top or two :) I do have patterns that are quick and easy but I'll need fabric.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I'm at Aldi tomorrow for the crochet needles and I might pick up the pompom makers also. Do you think I'll need to camp out overnight??? Just to be on the safe side.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I'm at Aldi tomorrow for the crochet needles and I might pick up the pompom makers also. Do you think I'll need to camp out overnight??? Just to be on the safe side.

I think you will be ok Judith .

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough

Well the entrance was a bit tight for the van, so I’m sleeping in the doorway . . .cant be too careful . . .

Lorraine x

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@snailtrailer ended up buying loads more wool for red and purple poppies and MORE wool for Eden's NEXT cardifan .... I havn't started this one yet!!!!!

Bought the needles ... @Anthea M you would lurv the coloues.

Pam ... there were loads of woodland colours of wool ... see pic...

@davanne and @Jenben @whingyraindrop and all ... I am sending you a huge bill for getting me hooked on buying wool.... :)

20180405_104601.jpg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I got a pack of dark red DK yarn for poppies plus some of the cream Aran as it looks pretty much identical to the Wendy I have been using (Wendy is 75/25 acrylic/wool and Aldi 80/20 but for a throw I don't think it matters that much). Aldi £3.99, Wendy £7.99 :)

I also bought the bits and pieces little box with sewing up needles, round markets and so on.

Tonight I start on poppies again :)

Aldi was really quiet except round the craft stuff where it was all elbows and shove :)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
@Anthea M don’t rush to Aldi, I have posted some hooks for you !

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I have my sewing mojo back, today I am cutting out a pattern for a jersey cardigan. Does anyone else use downloadable patterns ? It does mean you can get a pattern delivered to your in box, I find printing out tons of pages (first of all checking the print size is right) is a bit of a pain but sometimes the pattern is only available as an instant download.

8E373ECE-84CF-4BD1-8935-E57DDB6C4340.jpeg

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I do apologise for posting here as I know this is a crochet thread but I have never ever got to grips with crocheting :blusher: but like other crafty stuff.
no need to apologise you are the crafting queen after all.
crafting queen.png

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I do apologise for posting here as I know this is a crochet thread but I have never ever got to grips with crocheting :blusher: but like other crafty stuff.

Don't apologise .. it's lovely to see other crafts too. You are making me think about other things to do. PLEASE keep telling us about EVERYTHING.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I have my sewing mojo back, today I am cutting out a pattern for a jersey cardigan. Does anyone else use downloadable patterns ? It does mean you can get a pattern delivered to your in box, I find printing out tons of pages (first of all checking the print size is right) is a bit of a pain but sometimes the pattern is only available as an instant download.

I have used them as well. I wish I had bought an A3 printer rather than the A4 :)

I always end up altering patterns (a lot) so often wonder why I bother buying (except to get sleeves and arm sythes correct).

Last edited:

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Noo! Been back in when passing this afternoon, still not in :(.

Hope I'm not too late tomorrow.

Well at least you haven’t missed the delivery Judith, I suspect you will still be ok tomorrow, otherwise I can amazon prime you some crochet hooks !

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I've had a break from crochet to give my hands a rest - and to try out my new Knit-Pro needles! I made a kiddie's jumper from yarn I bought at Wilkos. I did take a photo on the i-pad but the stupid i-pad has now decided it needs activating so it will now be several weeks before I can get that working again while I plough through numerous passwords. The wonder of technology. :(

I am now darning in ends on my crochet squares.

Seeing the GP again tomorrow so I could pop into Aldi afterwards and see if there's anything left.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back