LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Could you use Hermes collection? (other couriers are available:sneaky:)

4 miles to the Hermes collection point and further to other couriers. :( Collection from home addresses is no longer available - at least in this area.

I spent a lot of time and effort knitting loads for my a friends grandchild, at her request, found out later that they had gone in the bin as her daughter didn't like hand knitted sh*te.

I have had similar :(

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
I spent a lot of time and effort knitting loads for my a friends grandchild, at her request, found out later that they had gone in the bin as her daughter didn't like hand knitted sh*te. don't know if my mate ever fund out but her daughter told someone she didn't know i was related to. still make me angry, that child is a mother now, she could have at least taken them to the charity shop.
Last yearI sent to the charity shop, after finally daring in the ends, a dress I had knitted for my niece who is now a grandmother :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That’s awful - and so rude - I would have been very upset - grrr

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Thanks for your responses dont know why I am thinking of that when we have so much more to worry about.
happy crafting everyone.
At least next person I knit for will be appreciative ME :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
scotzsue , what a fabulous jumper for John. Do hope he will appreciate it. And I'm very much in favour of knitting something for yourself.
Now that I don't have so much space, I do keep to one project at a time. But then, all my arty stuff takes up an awful lot of space in here. Crochet is for relaxing.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks for your responses dont know why I am thinking of that when we have so much more to worry about.
happy crafting everyone.
At least next person I knit for will be appreciative ME :giggle:

Sue, that's awful to be unappreciated. Hand made goods are so much more special. Even my daughter, who has very strange ways, appreciates even the smallest knitted or crocheted item and makes them last forever.. Poor Eden has clothes with sleeves half way up her arms. :). I wish I had your talent

This thread is an inspiration but I don't have ability. :(

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
This amazingly macrame came up on one of my forums just had to share
Screenshot_20200407_085120.jpg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I think it looks like a batwing cardigan with cross over (double breasted?) front. One front knitted edge to edge and the other in Irish Crochet or similar. Obviously we don't know what the back is like but I would do that edge to edge and possibly in two part withe a join in the middle - or even a double start in the centre back.

On my "to make" list but a long way down as I need to finish the bed covers first.

Oh Helen, you made me laugh. Janine told us it directs to I guess scenes of a sexual nature... And you say, "I need to finish my bedcovers first.". :). :)

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Phew. Finished another, but different, hippy Rainbow of Love. Feel like I have sat a Menza test!!! :) it looks better in real life than the photo.. Thankfully. X

View attachment 375789
Just proven yourself wrong there - you can do it ??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Started early as want to do several Rainbow of Hope stones to leave outside neighbours' houses before tomorrow's Clapping..... One down; just needs quick varnish.. Then onto next one. :)

Happy day all... Keep strong. X

IMG_20200407_202330.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back