Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I have an addiction - just like Alcoholics Anonymous.

Since making the baby clothes for my granddaughter's baby, I have been collecting Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino and regularly seek out offers on ebay. I lost one bid yesterday but gained another so made up the order with Sirdar yarn to gain an advantage on postage. I then lose a night's sleep feeling guilty about buying more yarn - which I don't have a hope of knitting up in my lifetime - and facing the inquisition by husband.

There is a substitute yarn by Patons with bamboo which is cheaper than the £3 - £4 a ball I am paying. Can anyone help me sort out my addition?

I start my browsing my looking at the Morning Funsters thread, Learn to Crochet, progress to Octopus for a preemie website and check e-mails. How can I cure myself from 'just looking' at ebay?

Seriously, Auntie Pam
This is one advantage of traveling so much of the year, I cannot keep ordering. My addiction comes back as soon as we return home though ?

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hello all,

Lots of very industrious crafting going on.

My blanket is still ongoing but i do love doing smaller projects on the side. I wanted a smaller bag for when we go out in the evening occasionally without the dog (and her stuff that requires a big bag) so I made this up. My own design, I am yet to use it so don’t know whether it is actually fit for purpose ?
8FBA91D1-8211-459C-9C6E-655707D09A8D.jpeg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I started the first 12 blocks (of 48) for the twin bed blankets. I am going to complete one of the blocks to make sure it works as I think it should ....... at the moment I'm not quite sure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Hello all,

Lots of very industrious crafting going on.

My blanket is still ongoing but i do love doing smaller projects on the side. I wanted a smaller bag for when we go out in the evening occasionally without the dog (and her stuff that requires a big bag) so I made this up. My own design, I am yet to use it so don’t know whether it is actually fit for purpose ?
View attachment 365601
That’s lovely - did you line it?

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Am just about to start a new ball of yarn for John's aran, have found several balls, no labels and none look quite the same colour although I have been knotting it for about a year so might be mucky :ROFLMAO:
Plan is to do a few ribs and see which one matches, am almost certain I have the right yarn as it feels the same when I close my eyes. so tempted to do the arms a different colour but it would look awful.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
I did, all be it not very professionally ;)View attachment 366304
I always keep Dave’s old jeans which come in useful for all sorts.
Excellent - I had not thought of that. I have cotton scraps leftover from child number one’s sewing efforts, but a bigger bag will need a sturdier lining.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
New shoes anyone?

Yes please, perfect!

We are doing childcare duties at the moment and when he gets tired the little one likes to snuggle next to Grandma whilst watching tv or tablet as long as Grandma is knitting or doing crochet. If he notices my hands are idle he brings me my craft bag lol. I think the repetitive movements sooth him.

Mrs Badknee

Funster
Oct 11, 2014
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Full time
Hello all, not been her for a while as I have been working on Magic Circles by Jane Crow. Unfortunately I didn’t get on with it at all so as I was making it for Mousy i was giving the go ahead to do my own thing. I did what I could and changed all the large circles into squares and have left the small ones for Dawn to add should she wish to. It needs washing and blocking.

5E1BE579-DAC5-4590-9E0C-10953AA4530D.png

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hello all!
Sorry to divert here, it's still about crochet but only the word! :blush:
Can you use it as a verb as in "she knits or crochets a lot of beautiful things? Or would you say say she knits and does crochet to create/make beautiful things?

Thank you for your help
I'm no expert but "she knits or crochets a lot of beautiful things" could mean that her Knitting doesn't create beautiful things only her crochet. I did say I'm no expert. :unsure:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I'm no expert but "she knits or crochets a lot of beautiful things" could mean that her Knitting doesn't create beautiful things only her crochet. I did say I'm no expert.:unsure:

Ok .... so going to ask this on the pedantic corner thread! :giggle:

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I'm no expert but "she knits or crochets a lot of beautiful things" could mean that her Knitting doesn't create beautiful things only her crochet. I did say I'm no expert.:unsure:

She both knits and crochets a lot of beautiful things

That should do it if you want to be very pedantic.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
I think that interpretation would require a comma after ‘knits’
?

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Hi everyone, unfortunately Mindy won't be visiting this crochet thread for a little while because she is in hospital with an infection and is quite poorly but should be improving soon. She doesn't have the strength at the moment to read motorhome fun on her mobile but when she's a little better I will help her with that. Mark

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Hi everyone, unfortunately Mindy won't be visiting this crochet thread for a little while because she is in hospital with an infection and is quite poorly but should be improving soon. She doesn't have the strength at the moment to read motorhome fun on her mobile but when she's a little better I will help her with that. Mark
Hope improvement comes quickly. ??‍♀️

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Oh dear, please give Mindy my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry to hear that news , big hugs for a quick recovery . PPP .

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Please give her our love and tell her we will still be here when she is feeling better. Xx

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Hope Mindy is soon on the road to recovery xx

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Hi everyone, unfortunately Mindy won't be visiting this crochet thread for a little while because she is in hospital with an infection and is quite poorly

Like everyone else I hope the recovery is fast and complete.

Please keep us updated and if there is anything any of us can do to help just shout and someone will respond.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@scotzsue.Alde have got loads of Aran wool in... Lovelycolours.

GGotta go getting on nerves of customers in queue. Xxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back