Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
They are beautiful. My daughter wants a garland of Christmas trees so I’ve knitted 14 but now have to make separate trunks. I’ve knitted two for the largest trees but resorted to needle felting for the others as too fiddly for my patience.

I made Pom Pom garlands in Christmas colours for our mh windows last year which i really liked the effect of. I might add some stars this year :) ?⭐

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
My latest silly idea is to make a decoration for each of my family at our Christmas gathering, it’s only 15 ha ha

My first one was a body less snowman :)
52D32005-F6A0-4B5B-9965-EBC91D0EFD7D.jpeg

I am rubbish at sewing on mouths :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
My latest silly idea is to make a decoration for each of my family at our Christmas gathering, it’s only 15 ha ha

My first one was a body less snowman :)View attachment 340086

I am rubbish at sewing on mouths :(

Yoohoo!
are those stick-on or sew-in or clip-together eyes? I have just been to Newport and failed to find any Except the wobbly wobbly ones. Will try amazon and eBay

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
This is a cute little pattern....

pumpkin1.jpg

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Yoohoo!
are those stick-on or sew-in or clip-together eyes? I have just been to Newport and failed to find any Except the wobbly wobbly ones. Will try amazon and eBay

I think I bought mine on ebay. It is a box of 4 or 5 different sizes, I think I searched for safety eyes and it was about £3.99.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Craft ladies, I need your help...I want to make a round tablecloth for our table, something padded to leave on in the day, not necessarily for meals. I think I want to embroidery or quilt it. I’ve no idea where to start looking for a pattern or image ideas.

Anyone know what i mean? Where do I start?

Attachments

• D5B8117C-F04C-4C9B-9DC7-155C88463EDD.png
    D5B8117C-F04C-4C9B-9DC7-155C88463EDD.png
    961.5 KB · Views: 14

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Mousy
First of all I would use Insul-Bright as the padding as it is heat resistant (not heat proof - maybe use a double layer).

Do you want the cloth to fit the table of hang over? Are you going to elasticate the edge so it fits?

What about adapting a tree skirt pattern?

I love the idea ...... maybe in the New Year I will do a cover for our table although it is usually covered with junk when not in use lol Maybe I'll just make quilts for the beds in the van.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
have just caught up with 7 weeks of crafting posts. not been at home to se the craft programs but will look for them on catch up.
John's sweater back has had a nice trip roung France and Spain but hasn't grown any, too hot and sweaty, but will be taking it on the ferry tomorrow so may get some done if i can find a bench seat.
movan Joy you are making some lovely stuff, more power to your elbow girl.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
latest issue of knitter magazine has an article on colours of yarn of the North Coast 500

I'll have to look for that.

I am now at round 112 of the shawl and made an error which I was too tired to correct last night and made things worse as I tried :( This morning I took out 15 stitches (from over 400) out down to the safety row, picked them up on smaller double pointed needles and knitted back up again so I am feeling rather pleased with myself. Much better to knit 15 stitches over 4 rows than over 400!!!!

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
I think I bought mine on ebay. It is a box of 4 or 5 different sizes, I think I searched for safety eyes and it was about £3.99.
Aah thank you. I’m getting some dinky little ones from Amazon. Back to working after a couple of dizzy days unable to do much due to a spinny head ???

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Feel bit bad puttingmy amateur stuff on here with all the lovely work you all do. I find crafting so difficult. Just so desperate to make some pin money.

Saw a horrible flat down South today.. Would only be suitable for 'camping in' until work done .. Same price as my home.. Such is the difference in price. :(

Do any of you actually manage to sell your work?

Just finished this little un.

IMG_20191023_131040.jpg

IMG_20191023_125842.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191023_125758.jpg
    IMG_20191023_125758.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 2
Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Feel bit bad puttingmy amateur stuff on here with all the lovely work you all do. I find crafting so difficult. Just so desperate to make some pin money.

Saw a horrible flat down South today.. Would only be suitable for 'camping in' until work done .. Same price as my home.. Such is the difference in price. :(

Just finished this little
Agree with others. Nowt wrong with your work. Look :
image.jpg

you actually finish the fiddly things. Mine are filed In’laugh and forget‘. Lost the head, I made teeny ears and everything But the pointy nose belonged to a pig.still at the thinking-about-it stage of wondering how to add wheels and windows.
and yes I do sell, but definitely not little critters ???

Dec 9, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Searching for a Tardis
Exp
Several years living in a very basic campervan in the 70's

Just finished this little un.

View attachment 340968
View attachment 340969
I wish I could make things like you do, I am hopeless with shaping! I am sure you would easily sell the lovely things you have recently made, with Christmas coming up they would make ideal stocking fillers as well as tree decorations. People love handmade things and the ones you have made are adorable.
:hugs:

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
movan Joy - this is not crochet or craft related but have you considered Sheltered Housing? I have been wandering the rightmove pages and found nice looking flats for £50,000 to £60,000 (a two-bedroomed flat in Heathfield, East Sussex £50,000 for example) They are leasehold but long leases. My sister moved into one of these in Poole for a few years. She was only in her 60s and found she was free to come and go as she pleased. It was a choice between a mobile home or flat. She has since moved to Wales and has her own little house.

I didn't want to put this on open forum (thought it was safe here among friends) but if we did we might get some useful comments from others with experience.

Sincerely, Auntie Pam

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
movan Joy - this is not crochet or craft related but have you considered Sheltered Housing? I have been wandering the rightmove pages and found nice looking flats for £50,000 to £60,000 (a two-bedroomed flat in Heathfield, East Sussex £50,000 for example) They are leasehold but long leases. My sister moved into one of these in Poole for a few years. She was only in her 60s and found she was free to come and go as she pleased. It was a choice between a mobile home or flat. She has since moved to Wales and has her own little house.

I didn't want to put this on open forum (thought it was safe here among friends) but if we did we might get some useful comments from others with experience.

Sincerely, Auntie Pam

Hi Pam. Thanks for the suggestion. Yes. It is bobbing round in my head. Cal54 has mentioned it to me.

She is considering it for herself.. If we were both in the same one it could be helpful.

Thanks for helpful thought. I appreciate it. X

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I don't make wee things :)

I have sold craft items in the past but would now only make on commission and with a hefty deposit up front having been let down in the past, or sell speculatively made items via a site where I could price at an appropriate level.

My friend makes Shetland style shawls on commission and I think she sells too cheap, she had a commission to make two which she has completed. The customer paid up front for the materials cost but has now said the cost of making is too much and is suing my friend for return of the cost of the materials. I said she should go to court and face the customer down and various members of the knitting group would support her and if required testify as to hours spent etc. I think the customer is trying to either back out of the agreement or to get the shawls for next to nothing. I am as sure as I can be that the Sheriff would find for my friend.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I don't make wee things :)

I have sold craft items in the past but would now only make on commission and with a hefty deposit up front having been let down in the past, or sell speculatively made items via a site where I could price at an appropriate level.

My friend makes Shetland style shawls on commission and I think she sells too cheap, she had a commission to make two which she has completed. The customer paid up front for the materials cost but has now said the cost of making is too much and is suing my friend for return of the cost of the materials. I said she should go to court and face the customer down and various members of the knitting group would support her and if required testify as to hours spent etc. I think the customer is trying to either back out of the agreement or to get the shawls for next to nothing. I am as sure as I can be that the Sheriff would find for my friend.

That makes me angry. It takes hours or weeks to make things. If we charged even minimum wage per hour plus costs it would be astronomical. Hope your friend gets her money. Xx

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Help !!!! I’ve knitted Christmas trees for my daughter, now trying to make an icord to hang them from.
I’ve failed in every method. Tried a cotton reel with nails in it, nails are falling out.
Bought a knitting Nancy, it’s too big, the cord came out really loose and sloppy. Don’t have double ended knitting needles, so tried crocheting ( 2 different ways) following YouTube videos.
The wool keeps splitting and although the crochet method should be easier it looks a mess.
YouTube mentions mercerised cotton—- will it be easier if I go and buy some of that tomorrow?
Or any other ideas for an icord ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back