Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
They are lovely.

Same here for my crochet and cross stitch if you charged anything for your time you’d never sell anything.

I will send you a PM. This would be your model sonto speak if you did fancy it :)

Quick answer Yes - and I will find your message.

My mother used to cross stitch. I don’t have the patience. I still have a birthday card she did for me. Lovely stuff. And with all this activity, I now need (1)a bigger sewing box/tin. And (2) a neat sewing box sized space in the mohome to accommodate same... probably next to the sketchbook niche - lol
Love retirement - not paying so well, but I get time to do all this and find virtual chums. Must be fun! Go me!

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Sue your stuff is so beautiful. At the craft fayres are there stalls that have amateur crafters.. Like me..? Mine would look more like a Blue Peter set. :(
Joy the things you have made are lovely

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Just had a wander into an antique/craft shop and came across these cushions.

I love making flowers but never knew what to do with them until now ?

View attachment 335323View attachment 335324
Ooh pretty - not convinced it would make a comfy cushion - might get too squashed and look different - one of those fantastic teapots or a bunch of flowers for a vase maybe
I haven’t tackled a flower properly... hmmm might give it a go. I haven’t crocheted a large item of clothing since the children were small. I used to work out on squared paper and made jumpers with Peter rabbit and the like... one of which had an extra row I didn’t notice so that became peter rabbit’s taller brother ?

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Sue your stuff is so beautiful. At the craft fayres are there stalls that have amateur crafters.. Like me..? Mine would look more like a Blue Peter set. :(
Don’t be daft - your work is fab - my crochet and my patience levels combined do not match the standard of the beautiful shawl makers on here but practice, and actually doing something is a Good Thing ???

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Hello all

Haven’t posted recently as I have been busy away in the van or swimming but I have been lurking

Having a lovely day today in my crafty space :love:

2ACE2688-11EB-4F16-849F-9089C336769B.jpeg

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Hello all

Haven’t posted recently as I have been busy away in the van or swimming but I have been lurking

View attachment 336540

Crikey ! I am shamed. Wow - You are a super tidy person. Here’s my messy corner (crochet usually happens elsewhere unless it’s dark in the sitting room)
image.jpg
image.jpg
??

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
My mother used to cross stitch. I don’t have the patience. I still have a birthday card she did for me. Lovely stuff. And with all this activity, I now need (1)a bigger sewing box/tin. And (2) a neat sewing box sized space in the mohome to accommodate same... probably next to the sketchbook niche - lol
Love retirement - not paying so well, but I get time to do all this and find virtual chums. Must be fun! Go me
my craft stuff probably takes up at least a third of our internal cupboards in the Motorhome. I am lucky I have a VERY tolerant husband as there’s usually loads of stuff lying around too :giggle:

I’m off to tidy up a bit ?
Yeah, yeah - how much did you get done before arts and crafts called?
:wink:

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
my craft stuff probably takes up at least a third of our internal cupboards in the Motorhome. I am lucky I have a VERY tolerant husband as there’s usually loads of stuff lying around too :giggle:

Yeah, yeah - how much did you get done before arts and crafts called?
:wink:
Pah!
Well there’s a challenge.
Actually, (meaningful pause, mild eye-rolling, defiant stare). I turned the desktop mat over, which helped a lot, then I became diligent for a very short while, then, well now it looks like this (for a very short while). Ps don’t ask me to show you inside the desk drawers. Notice I have attempted to make it better by reducing the size of the image (sneak) ? ???? Actually it looks a bit like a spot the difference picture. Lol
1784866F-4EB4-48B8-ACBC-3C5231DECE65.jpeg

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hello all

View attachment 336540
That’s a lovely space, if I miss anything about living in 4 walls it’s my craft room. Can get a bit messy in the van ;)
Pah!
Well there’s a challenge.
Actually, (meaningful pause, mild eye-rolling, defiant stare). I turned the desktop mat over, which helped a lot, then I became diligent for a very short while, then, well now it looks like this (for a very short while). Ps don’t ask me to show you inside the desk drawers. Notice I have attempted to make it better by reducing the size of the image (sneak) ? ???? Actually it looks a bit like a spot the difference picture. Lol
View attachment 336558

I can definitely see the difference. I am a naturally untidy person. I can turn any space from spotless to a bomb site in mere seconds :(

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I had a go at a sleeping unicorn (I fear it might look like a cow with a horn) and had my first go at curly cues.
5D117DC1-6A32-437F-90EA-20537F5B61DC.jpeg

I am now just starting a jumper for Misty with my first Caron cake, it’s the first time I’ve tried doggy apparel.
A323BBC8-CF92-4819-A2FB-6238F76B11ED.jpeg

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I first read "doggy apparel" as 'dodgy apparel'! ?? That took me to a weird place for a second!!
Lovely unicorn though :clap2:

Or even Dogging Apparel. For heavens sakes, don’t google it ??

Quickly changing the subject, how cute are these??? movan - something for you?

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp

One van we had was black and son number two referred to it constantly as “the dogging van”. I did point out that we did not own a dog ??

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Oh Janine I love them.

I'm rubbish at technology.. I clicked download and it said I need to let Chrome access my phone.. Is that ok? Then it said something about checking my Google account.

I downloaded the TicTok app but how do I find the mouse pattern please?

HELP!

Last edited:

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Oh Janine I love them.

I'm rubbish at technology.. I clicked download and it said I need to let Chrome access my phone.. Is that ok? Then it said something about checking my Google account.

I downloaded the TicTok app but how do I find the mouse pattern please?

HELP!
I just clicked on the red arrow and it bought up the pattern for me on my iPhone.

They are so cute ??

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

Love them!! So sweet!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hang on, I’ve just looked again. They are teeny weeny tiny. Is it sewing thread and a virtually invisible crochet hook. It’s a size 0.5 hook ?. That’s way beyond my eyesight-patience-

You can make them whatever size you want. Just use the right size hook for your yarn. ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back