May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Did you see my knitted Kitty?
I’m not a knitter, always hated knitting but I tried and look what happened!
8BF19832-335C-4D5F-8532-4E98B854218E.jpeg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Here we go.. More suggestions needed please.

BBought this yonks ago when Aldi had a Craft flow.... Love the colours but it is AWFUL to use... Any hints or tips what I can do with it please?

View attachment 332119

Would it weave on a loom? Or maybe using a knitting loom / frame would make it easier to work with. Another alternative might be to hook the thin bits through a base fabric leaving the fluffy bits on top and fasten the thin bits together on the wrong side either with a second thread or even chain them together ...... think you would need a frame to do that. I saw a programme ages ago about a type of traditional Mexican embroidery worked with a hook ....... not sure what it was called maybe huipil (or perhaps that was the resulting garment). The programme was called "Made in Mexico" and was part of a series about traditional Mexican crafts.

I have some very strange yarn my Mum bought me one Christmas and I don't have a clue what to do with it. When I find it again I will post a photo. I tried a few patterns from the web and the results were uniformly awful :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Would it weave on a loom? Or maybe using a knitting loom / frame would make it easier to work with. Another alternative might be to hook the thin bits through a base fabric leaving the fluffy bits on top and fasten the thin bits together on the wrong side either with a second thread or even chain them together ...... think you would need a frame to do that. I saw a programme ages ago about a type of traditional Mexican embroidery worked with a hook ....... not sure what it was called maybe huipil (or perhaps that was the resulting garment). The programme was called "Made in Mexico" and was part of a series about traditional Mexican crafts.

I have some very strange yarn my Mum bought me one Christmas and I don't have a clue what to do with it. When I find it again I will post a photo. I tried a few patterns from the web and the results were uniformly awful :)

Thank you. You have actually set my imagination working.. Yeah. :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Did anyone see the crochet trees on the Great Model Railway Challenge? Martin would like some for his layout, especially if I could do a few so he could change the seasons....... I will need to find a pattern.

No.... but I've just sold some plastic cows on e-bay. o_O

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 615 af
Exp
2 weeks
Wow, Thankyou movan !! My changeovers are hidden underneath so i can't take any credit as i need to work out a good way to do that!

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Well if I can do it....
I took a stall at Abergavenny Food Festival and took stuff. The keyring purses were a success and I shall make more. Not convinced I can change colour successfully, but will keep trying. First time I did anything like this - eek. Since then I have been the Nanny. Wales childminding service which is much more tiring than I remember parenting... hmmm. What a difference 35 years makes, eh!daughter in law has been very unwell, and all worried about what it might be. Blood tests ongoing, but medication means she can now cope without me and worry levels have diminished.
Molly the goat sold - yay!
Hmmm it won’t let me insert a photo. Grrr. I was hoping to show off ? Ooh I tried again and Lo and behold I can show off after all. All constructive criticism welcomed - Hope you are all well and smiling, Susan ??
Ps - how
5C8CC44F-B866-4267-B3FE-BBFF8665937B.jpeg
489BBC06-10F9-4697-A444-8BB6947A6DCA.jpeg

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 615 af
Exp
2 weeks
You are a very talented lady! No criticism of any sort coming from this corner at all! Glad things on the up- more time for you to be creative now! Molly was very cute and little purses very usefull ?

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
You are a very talented lady! No criticism of any sort coming from this corner at all! Glad things on the up- more time for you to be creative now! Molly was very cute and little purses very usefull ?
Thank you - hooked now - I have to draw, paint and crochet some more so I can do another craft fair.??. Still with the little things though. Your Fox is super. Neat stitching and invisible colour change. Single crochet?

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 615 af
Exp
2 weeks
Lol- thsts proper multi tasking! Good for you taking on a craft fair- i'd say good luck but dont think you need that! Aww, thanks re Foxy, currently attempting a ducky friend for him- to help grandaughter to remember to rember to make right choices re listening in class! Yes, single crochet and i will take a pic of colour change tomorrow- it is just hidden underneath!??

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you - hooked now - I have to draw, paint and crochet some more so I can do another craft fair.??. Still with the little things though. Your Fox is super. Neat stitching and invisible colour change. Single crochet?

Wow. Beautiful work.. You are soooo clever. I, honestly, wish I was as talented. I think you are amazing.

SueTayBon

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
When selling your work it is very difficult to get prices right .......

A friend my mine had an order for a Shetland Ring Shawl, the customer thought the price a bit high (I thought she was charging too little) but did agree and then a couple of days later asked for a second. My friend has finished the first and has left message after message with the customer but had no answer. I rather think my friend has had the cost of the yarn and all the hours spent knitting "wasted". She says she will never take another order.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi everybody, love that this thread has picked up again :)
Just had a wander into an antique/craft shop and came across these cushions.

I love making flowers but never knew what to do with them until now ?

View attachment 335324
Not my cup of tea but I can admire the work that have gone in to them.
Did anyone see the crochet trees on the Great Model Railway Challenge? Martin would like some for his layout, especially if I could do a few so he could change the seasons....... I will need to find a pattern.
I didn’t but I will have a look in case I’ve seen anything suitable.
Finally- my first actual finished piece ?
View attachment 336005
Only a duck, squirrel, hedgehog and sheep to go...........?
He’s lovely. One down .......
Well if I can do it....
I took a stall at Abergavenny Food Festival and took stuff. The keyring purses were a success and I shall make more. Not convinced I can change colour successfully, but will keep trying. First time I did anything like this - eek
Wow that’s amazing, love the goat. Do you take commissions?
When selling your work it is very difficult to get prices right .......

A friend my mine had an order for a Shetland Ring Shawl, the customer thought the price a bit high (I thought she was charging too little) but did agree and then a couple of days later asked for a second. My friend has finished the first and has left message after message with the customer but had no answer. I rather think my friend has had the cost of the yarn and all the hours spent knitting "wasted". She says she will never take another order.
I so agree it’s so hard to price and doubly so when it’s a friend.

As you may have seen on the morning thread I decided to try to make a snowman and I have to say it is the first time I am really pleased with a figure I’ve made. I normally struggle with the sewing together but I really took my time with this one and I am happier with the results.
9B2316A9-B075-4C05-98DE-90D0158A4D06.jpeg

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 615 af
Exp
2 weeks
Lovely Snowman- love his expression! Sewing together is a bit fiddly. Well organiseds for c*****mas then!
Shame about your friend being let down @puddlduck, so much work involved.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
What would you do?
Or rather what should I do?
I started this baby jacket a few days ago I’ve got as far as completing back and left front and discovered a mistake, third pattern up.
Should I
a) unpick it
b) finish it and give it to charity
c) let it go to Katy and say nothing and hope others won’t spot the mistake
There is a fourth option - make a second back and sides and hope I have enough yarn to finish.

While I await your answers I will get on with knitting the sleeves.View attachment 331154View attachment 331155
It's all the way across and still looks beautiful, I would leave it as it is....you are so clever, I would not know where to start with something like this.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Well if I can do it....
I took a stall at Abergavenny Food Festival and took stuff. The keyring purses were a success and I shall make more. Not convinced I can change colour successfully, but will keep trying. First time I did anything like this - eek. Since then I have been the Nanny. Wales childminding service which is much more tiring than I remember parenting... hmmm. What a difference 35 years makes, eh!daughter in law has been very unwell, and all worried about what it might be. Blood tests ongoing, but medication means she can now cope without me and worry levels have diminished.
Molly the goat sold - yay!
Hmmm it won’t let me insert a photo. Grrr. I was hoping to show off ? Ooh I tried again and Lo and behold I can show off after all. All constructive criticism welcomed - Hope you are all well and smiling, Susan ??
Ps - howView attachment 336241View attachment 336243
Loving the little purse!!
Good luck with your sales.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Wow that’s amazing, love the goat. Do you take commissions?
I so agree it’s so hard to price and doubly so when it’s a friend.

thank you, and yes I do (in that order)
pictures usually aroundabout A4 size, most people don't want huge stuff - and either coloured pencils (left) or
pastel IMG_3052.jpg IMG_2466.jpg pencils (right).

as for pricing, I wouldn't sell much of anything if i had to include all my time!

ps i will get told off now, because these are not crochet (lol) :) Susan

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
pictures usually aroundabout A4 size, most people don't want huge stuff - and either coloured pencils (left) or
pastel View attachment 336451 View attachment 336455 pencils (right).

as for pricing, I wouldn't sell much of anything if i had to include all my time!

They are lovely.

Same here for my crochet and cross stitch if you charged anything for your time you’d never sell anything.

I will send you a PM. This would be your model sonto speak if you did fancy it :)

Attachments

• BAA69967-94AB-4272-BF0B-116200CA48E0.jpeg
    BAA69967-94AB-4272-BF0B-116200CA48E0.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 11

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
pastel View attachment 336451 View attachment 336455 pencils (right).

Brilliant.

You won't get told off.. We put various craft work on here. It's lovely to see yours.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back