Learn to crochet? (3 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
It's beautiful, well done you. She's a very lucky lady.
Thank you - I like it 😀
She (daughter-in-law) hasn’t said, or texted, or phoned, to say thank you. Nor has she even ticked ‘like’ on Facebook. She is so rude. When Ken went to collect them from Gatwick airport, they stopped at KFC and she rushed to sit at a table for two - so I’m not surprised. 🤷🏻‍♀️

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Sus3v
I don't know how you deal with this ungracious behaviour. I am sure your granddaughter will treasure all the things you make for her, now and in the future.

Now and then I get a photo of my great granddaughter wearing a cardigan or cuddling a toy I've made for her and it fills me with such joy. This makes up for the other times when I don't know whether the present has been acceptable or rejected.

One of my daughter-in-laws (now ex) seemed to resent us and we put it down to her (perhaps) feeling inadequate.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have just started doing 3 boxes one for each grandson, with a shawl (friend is crotcheting) blanket and a few cardis, jus in case they become parents when i am no longer here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Sus3v
I don't know how you deal with this ungracious behaviour. I am sure your granddaughter will treasure all the things you make for her, now and in the future.

Now and then I get a photo of my great granddaughter wearing a cardigan or cuddling a toy I've made for her and it fills me with such joy. This makes up for the other times when I don't know whether the present has been acceptable or rejected.

One of my daughter-in-laws (now ex) seemed to resent us and we put it down to her (perhaps) feeling inadequate.
It’s hurtful - and just a bit irritating - texting ‘thank you’ costs nothing. Anyway, I’m not her actual mother-in-law, although she has identified me as such on Facebook. - I’m her father in law’s partner. She has completely ignored the ‘real’ grandmother (not that I’m a figment of imagination or anything) - who I /we visit now and again, and show her photos, she usually cries and I feel so sorry for her. She has one son whose wife is a manipulative, unkind and selfish person. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Luckily I have my own batch of children who, despite some dodgy decision making over the years, are at the very least polite. Little sigh ☹️

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Cardigans I made for Thora & Remy.
IMG-20240415-WA0002.jpg

Remy in the background.