Leaking Tap Solution (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1962
Just filled the water tank in preparation for our first outing this year, all good so far then a waterfall !! from the kitchen work top. a quick switch off of the water pump and mop up the mess.The Mixer tap leaking. Had a similar problem 10 years ago which cost me £59 for a new tap as I was told no serviceable parts ( a lie ) I have now found that replacement 35mm ceramic cartridges are available so Screwfix to the rescue @ £4.72 and ten minutes to change cartridge job done !

Attachments

• P1110531.JPG
    P1110531.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 74
Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Agree Screwfix are great and my first choice when having a plumbing problem. They do themselves an injustice by calling themselves Screwfix as some people will think they only sell screws. Most of their products are first class and their prices are normally much cheaper than others for branded goods.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Agree Screwfix are great and my first choice when having a plumbing problem. They do themselves an injustice by calling themselves Screwfix as some people will think they only sell screws. Most of their products are first class and their prices are normally much cheaper than others for branded goods.
Oh, so that’s what Screwfix do!

Must say my initial hopes have been dashed. :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Oh, so that’s what Screwfix do!

Must say my initial hopes have been dashed. :cool:
I have a trade account under Plumbfix which is part of screwfix

Euramobil52

Free Member
Oct 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
euramobil
Just filled the water tank in preparation for our first outing this year, all good so far then a waterfall !! from the kitchen work top. a quick switch off of the water pump and mop up the mess.The Mixer tap leaking. Had a similar problem 10 years ago which cost me £59 for a new tap as I was told no serviceable parts ( a lie ) I have now found that replacement 35mm ceramic cartridges are available so Screwfix to the rescue @ £4.72 and ten minutes to change cartridge job done !

Sounds great - Can I ask if that was the Reich tap?
I think mine is the Reich caraflo and the OEM cartridges are 3 times the price of the screwfix one.

Chris

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Loads of videos on Youtube about how to change one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back