leaking norcold fridge (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
I just got in to find the refridgerator in my RV has leaked all over the floor, my batteries are obviously flat, though its usually a screaming inverter that tells me that and the red X check light was on. There was a little build up of ice in the freezer which I have now removed but its strill dribbling out....FROM UNDERNEATH THE FUSE BOX SITUATED BELOW !!!!!!!
20 minutes after clearing all the water and ice out. Now I would have thought that there would be some kind of drainage pipe that went some where but not there. Having looked closer the wood beneath looks a bit rotten like its done this before ?? My engine battery was dead the other day and the switch used to start using your leisure batteries failed so I thinking there is a charger / relay problem too which is why im not getting the power I should be getting, £700 solar panel an all.
Any thoughts forum ??

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Any thoughts forum ??

Hi

Inside the fridge there is a narrow drip tray under the cooling fins, this has a connecting pipe with an external drain that goes into a metal dish near the burner where the water it is supposed to evaporate.

Remove this tray and check the pipe isn't blocked, you may need to remove the outside grill and clean the metal dish out as well... I re routed my pipe through the external grill as the dish was prone to overflowing.

hth

Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for that info Jim.
I took the outside cover off and found the defrost/overflow pipe had come out of the metal dish, which is why it had run through the wood work and under the fuse box. Strange that in both the Norcold manual and my RV manual there is no mention of this.
The dealer I bought my winnebago off said they would service all appliances but im finding that it looks like none were done, especially considering the amount of cobwebs I just found behind me fridge workings.
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Glad you got it sorted .. :thumb:

As I said, I re routed mine out though the grill as the dish was prone to overflowing.. keep an eye on it..

Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back