Leaking motorhome (1 Viewer)

kkc2010

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
Funster No
Hi all, I am at my wits end, after spending over £3000 to sort the damp out in my MH, I go away this easter weekend to find water still coming in, it is on the side where the solar panel is, could this be the problem, the company that I took it to has sealed it but is saying that they think it should be removed because this is what is causing the problem, can any one help please? xx

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Our panel is stuck to the roof with Sikaflex at six points, as are most panels. The only hole through the roof is for the cable which is again sealed with sikaflex.
If your panel has been fitted in this way then just check the seal around the cable.
If the roof has been drilled at all fixing points I would also recommend removing the panel, sealing the holes with small sections of upvc door skin and Sikaflex. Then refit the panel directly over the repairs.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi all, I am at my wits end, after spending over £3000 to sort the damp out in my MH, I go away this easter weekend to find water still coming in, it is on the side where the solar panel is, could this be the problem, the company that I took it to has sealed it but is saying that they think it should be removed because this is what is causing the problem, can any one help please? xx
Firstly,solar panels dont leak unless some fool has screwed it to the roof.
First get up there and check to see if its stuck down or screwed down.
If its screwed down thats your problem.
If its stuck down,water can only enter where the cable enters.
In either case,if I had just spent £3000 having a problem sorted and still had the original problem,I would be knocking on the door of the people that took my jam.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi all, I am at my wits end, after spending over £3000 to sort the damp out in my MH,

After spending £3k I think I'd be taking it back .. they are the 'experts' , if they 'think' the panel should be removed why did they not do that in the first place ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
don't forget the place damp is showing inside isn't necessarily the place its getting in from outside....
water will travel to the point of least resistance, or in this case, the point of least waterproofing.

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
don't forget the place damp is showing inside isn't necessarily the place its getting in from outside....
water will travel to the point of least resistance, or in this case, the point of least waterproofing.
Totally agree check all over for any cracks or anywhere else water can get in not just the solar panel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back