Leaking Hymer - Starline B690 2014 (1 Viewer)

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
I have a leak somewhere at the back N/S of my motorhome. There are two places where the leak is apparent. In the garage N/S after heavy rain we have water on the garage floor under the rubber mat. Also damp on the bedroom wall N/S. The damp patch appears to be traveling upwards from the top step of the island bed and base of wardrobe towards the window. We have resealed the sealing strip on the top of the motorhome and round the top corner past the bit that joins (horizontal with vertical). That hasn't not solved the problem. I don't think it is the window because as I said previously the damp on the bedroom wall is traveling upwards towards the window. Before the rain this week I placed duck tape along the top of the garage door frame to try to eliminate that but this morning I have checked and the rain has got in. My plan is to continue to tape up each joint and frame to try to establish where it is getting in.
I was just wondering if any of you Hymer owners had had similar problems and if there was a common failing of one of the seals that might be causing this problem.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Also think about adding some toilet or kitchen roll where you think it may be running. If it does run over the paper and dry out you can tell as the paper will show it has been wet.

Even a whole line of it taped close to the wall if needs be.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
If in doubt. Just pull the window out. It’s much easier than you may think it is and at least you can remove it from your thoughts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sarah

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
Also think about adding some toilet or kitchen roll where you think it may be running. If it does run over the paper and dry out you can tell as the paper will show it has been wet.

Even a whole line of it taped close to the wall if needs be.
Tombola, thank you but it is definitely rain coming in from outside and seeping into the bedroom through the wall but not running anywhere. When you examine the garage the water is traveling down either side of the garage door and under the mat. Definitely not the door itself and not the frame it seems. I am thinking it might be coming from much higher and traveling through the wall until it reaches the garage door frame and then pools which is when it starts to seep into the interior wall. I think I will put it under cover and dry it out, then continue with my process of elimination! I was just hoping or wondering if other Hymer owners had had similar problems and if there was a common fault somewhere with sealing.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Is the garage leak on the same side that an awning is attached?

OP
OP
Sarah

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
Is it from the garage door seals they are notorious for leaking
I am fairly sure it is not. I have had the garage dry and held hose with some pressure all round the seals and they garage remained dry. I am sure the water ingress through bedroom wall and garage originate from the same place. Just got to find it?

OP
OP
Sarah

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
Is the garage leak on the same side that an awning is attached?
Hi Detnor, no it isn't. Awning os O/S however I am thinking it is coming from above somewhere and running through the walls. I believe it is pooling on the garage door frame which is why it is seeping into interior wall. I don't mind paying to have it repaired/resealed but I fear there could be many man hours spent finding where the water is coming or resealing everything unnecessarily.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I attached kitchen towel up all of the seams on the inside on the side that was leaking, on my van it was the seal on the outside being flexed by the awning. Is there an air vent low down on the back wall, may be worth a bit of towel to check.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back