Sep 27, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer 630mlt
Exp
Since September 2017
Hi people
Not really sure what I’m doing here but here goes. We have a Hymer Mercedes 630mlt 2017 model! Noticed we had a leak from the rear and located it to the freshwater tank! Must have caught the restraining straps and cracked the tank! Water leaks from around the drain valve when it’s full and empties it to about 50%!
Took it to the Hymer dealer and they don’t want to touch it cos they haven’t done one before so recommended another garage! It appears that they can’t give an estimate until they start the job so a bit concerning as to much this is going to cost us! Checked on new tank and that would be £480 and a four week delivery time plus a ‘ labour intensive’ job! Has anybody else had problems with these water tanks and what route did they take ie repair or replace! We would appreciate any useful replies!!!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Unless you hit it very hard unlikely to have cracked the tank as it is inside a plastic housing with 25mm of polystyrene surrounding it.
I did quite a lot of damage to my housing but it didn't damage the tank.

I think the housing comes off from underneath I would drop it off and have a good look, if the tank is split you should be able to get it plastic welded.

OP
OP
2dandaddy
Sep 27, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer 630mlt
Exp
Since September 2017
Didn’t fancy the idea of rolling about under the jacked up vehicle Lenny! ( getting too old for that!) Besides, if a fully equipped dealer doesn’t want to touch it I’ll give that a miss! It must have been a fair old wallop as the strap was pulled from its screws and dug into the material surrounding tank!
I’m wondering if I should make a claim on my insurance and take the hit on next years renewal premium!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’m wondering if I should make a claim on my insurance and take the hit on next years renewal premium!
Depends how it affects your insurance, I've had claims with Comfort and it hasn't affected the primium and if only about 1k unlikely to affect other policies.

OP
OP
2dandaddy
Sep 27, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer 630mlt
Exp
Since September 2017
Cheers Lenny! Booked it into the garage that does work for the dealer! Hopefully I’ll not get ripped off! Thanks for your response!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back