Funster No
MH
McLouis Mc2 72 motor home
Exp
This our first!!
IMG_4166.JPG
IMG_2809.JPG
Hello all,

We have discovered a leak in our SHURflo water pump.
When the water is turned on at a tap water is also observed escaping from one of the pump parts (see image attached). I screwed the part tighter and it seems to have stopped the leak but would be interested to know what the part is? There are also two plastic "leads". One is red and the other is green. They are both capped but are not secured to anything. I'm not sure if this is correct?

Additionally can anyone suggest the best way to get in and dry out the floor under the pump?

Thanks in advance!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It appears to be a inline water filter/strainer

Is your photograph looking down onto the pump and filter/strainer assembly?

Martin

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Another one for the inlet filter ... they often leak and just need a little tightning....hand only..
Best I can tell from photo the wires you are refering to are both in a connector...joining them to another wire... looks like a cap type that just screws over the wires after twisting them together....
To dry out I'd suggest just mop up with tissue and then use a hot air blower... pinch a hairdryer:LOL:
Andy...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Badboo

Badboo

Free Member
Nov 23, 2016
Northern Portugal
Funster No
MH
McLouis Mc2 72 motor home
Exp
This our first!!
Another one for the inlet filter ... they often leak and just need a little tightning....hand only..
Best I can tell from photo the wires you are refering to are both in a connector...joining them to another wire... looks like a cap type that just screws over the wires after twisting them together....
To dry out I'd suggest just mop up with tissue and then use a hot air blower... pinch a hairdryer:LOL:
Andy...
Thanks

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks..
Yes looking down from above
So not the easiest access to dry it out, stuff some bits of paper down first and then plenty of ventilation.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Wires are as Andy said......a lazy and very shoddy way of connecting two wires in a screw cap isolator.
Should be soldered or in crimped connectors and insulated.

Jan 22, 2009
banbury
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Not sure about the wires but the filter is bowl has an o ring that could have been pinched causing it to leak easy enough to change

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back