Leak from shower tap in Rapido V55 (1 Viewer)

birdwoman

Free Member
Mar 22, 2018
Funster No
Any one had the problem or needed to change the shower tap in a Rapido V55/V56. Just fill the van up for the 1st this year with water to find that the shower tap is leaking. No idea how to get into it to check if its just a washer

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Any one had the problem or needed to change the shower tap in a Rapido V55/V56. Just fill the van up for the 1st this year with water to find that the shower tap is leaking. No idea how to get into it to check if its just a washer
Any chance of a photo, I would assume it's some generic item but photo would help.

OP
OP
B

birdwoman

Free Member
Mar 22, 2018
Funster No
Thanks for the link, and the utube video. I've just realised the fault should be covered by the warranty on the van, so this will be my 1st port of call, but in the event they wont repair it under warranty then I will revisit the video, because it looks very like my issue.

OP
OP
B

birdwoman

Free Member
Mar 22, 2018
Funster No
Back on the case again - this is not covered by warranty, I've attached a couple of photos, to explain my problem. I've got the lever off the tap, but don't know how to proceed to change the cartridge.
Any one come across and have repaired / replaced cartridge in a tap like this? Desperate to get it sorted before the weekend. Tx for any suggestions
Rapido Shower 2.jpg
Rapido Shower 1.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
If you unscrew the plasticcover with the hot and cold symbol and then undo the threaded brass retainer the cartridge will then pull out, do not twist. When out it should Have size printed on it 25mm or 35mm or 40mm. In a motorhome most likely 25mm. Any good plumbers merchant should stock it. I have never been able to buy from b & q or Wickes. They are available from Amazon, look up mono block tap insert. Hope that helps, you tube have a few good videos.
I should add that you must switch off the pump before removing the insert retainer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

birdwoman

Free Member
Mar 22, 2018
Funster No
There isnt a brass nut but a black plastic nut that is inside the casing. It looks like it needs a large socket to undo ot. Would that be right?

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
That's quite possible. I think the easiest way to undo is probably with an adjustable spanner, more common in a tool kit. I wonder if there is any body nearby to loan one. Like a lot of maintenance jobs it's easy if you can lay your hands on appropriate kit. All the best.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
I know 2 years have gone by but maybe more has been learnt.:giggle:
Our Rapido v55 has developed the same leak. The rubber seal has been cut/split, probably by sharp edge on the mating part. So the cartridge needs replacing. I would like to also replace the black plastic nut and buy a proper insertion tool but I cannot source these. Additionally the cartridge has Reich-205 printed on it. I cannot find exactly this either. To buy this would be the only sure way. We do not want to be without the van for too long.
Should I just go to Screwfix/ Toolstation (they seem to have a spline on the smaller 23mm diameter)?

I would be prepared to buy a complete identical tap, for the bits. It looks to me that, to replace a whole tap, would require removing the shower panels.:(

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
In the end I fitted a cartridge from Screwfix to save time. The black plastic nut though, is a bit iffy. I would feel better if I knew where to buy one.

(I must find out how to post pictures)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back