LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Anyone taken their motorhome to the Le Touquet beach race in the last few years or going this year? It’s only a couple of weeks away so I’ve probably left it too late for this year anyway.

I’ve used the aire’s in Le Touquet but I expect them to fill up very early and I can see from the official site that there are 2 designated areas for motorhomes at either end of the town but I can’t find any details of whether they need to be booked or the earliest you can turn up. It’s France so is it just a matter of turning up and parking anywhere there is a space? I’d appreciate if anyone has any more information. Thanks.

Allan

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Not sure if Aires can be booked unless they are privately owned ones. The 2 in Le Touquet, as you say are at opposite ends of the La Canche estuary. I think the one adjacent to Le Parc Equestre is a slightly shorter walk into town via the lighthouse park.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
As far as I am aware you cannot book or reserve a space on a public aire, The largest one at Le Touquet with most space is the one you approach by Ave Jean Ruet which is the one near the Marina/Yacht club. You can park on the aire or if full drive out the other side into Boulevard de la Canche which also counts as part of the aire. I think the water is on all year. 50.52573 X 1.59331 and payment is by ticket at the machine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
awg

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks. I didn't think you could book the normal aire's but there area couple of temporary motorhome parking areas set up just for the beach race. I was wondering if those needed to be booked or if you just turn up. If you just turn up, when do they open? I'd want to get there soon after they open to get the best chance of getting a spot.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I was there on Saturday and they had the bulldozers on the beach making the track.

I bet it's great to watch.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Havnt been since they stopped going in the dunes used to go every year. Its a free for all park where you like one year we was invited onto a garden. Used to be a great weekend I used to take my paddock bike and pull wheelies all weekend over town. Last time I went we flew in a light aircraft from Shoreham airport a great experience we was home before friends had got out of town

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We were there a few years ago now and around 300,000 people showed up for the weekend. It was a great day out and I would recommend it. The beach race at Weston Super Mare, besides being expensive is rubbish in organisation in comparison.

Bikes were parked 20 deep on the pavements or any spare spot. If you park it in the early morning I suspect you won't get it out till evening.

They closed the airport and parked cars etc on there. With a free bus into town and back.

They turned all the roads so that they go into town in the morning and reversed them in the evening so there was hardly any queueing for traffic. We were back to our hotel in Abbeville in around 40 minutes from arriving at the car and leaving the airport.

We went in the car - it gets a bit fresh on the seaside in January/February.

The whole weekend cost nothing for the day out. (y)

But I would be surprised if they would not let you park up in the airport car parking and stay overnight.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back