le sharo engine/gearbox conversion (1 Viewer)

BrianItasca

Free Member
May 31, 2013
holland
Funster No
MH
le sharo
Exp
very many
Hallo all,
I have a 1987 le sharo based on renault trafic FWD,which is notorious for problems with the autobox.
I want to convert this to a manual gearbox and or other engine gearbox type.Does any member have any info as to who has done this e.g. an audi or other fwd unit or perhaps renault 5 speed manual box.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hallo all,
I have a 1987 le sharo based on renault trafic FWD,which is notorious for problems with the autobox.
I want to convert this to a manual gearbox and or other engine gearbox type.Does any member have any info as to who has done this e.g. an audi or other fwd unit or perhaps renault 5 speed manual box.

We get this question asked quite often, do a search and you will see the answer vary rarely differs
You are going to need a retired or part time mechanic with a lot of interest and little else to do
these conversion jobs are fraught with problems often not discoverd untill the job is well under way some fixable some not
The cost is extremely prohibitive to have it done in a working garage

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hallo all,

Hi a manual box should fit stright on :thumb: Not entirly sure about where you auto shift is but if you make sure you get all the gear stick and or any linkages all should go pretty stright forward :Smile: A COUPLE OF HUNDRED QUID SHOULD BUY A SECOND HAND G/BOX EASY,THEN ANOTHER COUPLE TO HAVE IT FITTED-PS get a new clutchassembly as well so £500 should do it easy
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Hi I have converted 2 la sharia from left to right hand drive several years ago I also have stored a recon turbo diesel engine and a good gearbox

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi I have converted 2 la sharia from left to right hand drive several years ago I also have stored a recon turbo diesel engine and a good gearbox

5 YEARS TO LATE... ;) 2013 thread... I think they may have done it or sold it by now.. (y)

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
On the landline sharp being left hand drive the gear change is on the other side so a UK gearbox is no good .just ask if you want any more info .I know the la sharp very well and that period of renault traffics as I am and was mad about them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Sorry the last post doesn't make sense predictive text and didn't check it

Geo